Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Mice & Rats

1 - 6 of 6 posts

Josiah Josiah NSW Posts: 17
1 3 Jun 2011
Here is something that has been troubling me for quite a while.

At the moment where i live there is a little mouse problem, i doubt there is a single house in my town that doesn't have at least one mouse running around and not only the houses there in all the bins, bushes and any place they can hide.

So that brings me to the question, what do i do about the rodent infestation without being unbelievably cruel???
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 3 Jun 2011
There is a similar thread just dooown the page a little, you might find some answers there happy
ReplyQuote

Josiah Josiah NSW Posts: 17
3 3 Jun 2011
Will search now thanks  happy
ReplyQuote

Bee Bee SA Posts: 58
4 4 Jun 2011
There are cruelty free mouse traps that you can buy from hunting stores (terrible place I know) but it traps the mice and rats in a small cage without hurting them so that way you can set them free somewhere else...a long way from your house haha.
It is really hard to stop rat/mice infestations, Ive had it before. The best thing I did though was clean the back yard up from any leaves, piles of junk and food (I had to stop feeding my locals birds for a bit) and make sure I frequented the backyard a bit. It sounds odd but rats/mice only call somewhere their home if they think its empty. If you go out the back every night and make some noise it will actually scare them away haha. Its crazy!!!

Goodluck with the problem! Hope that helped.
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
5 4 Jun 2011
How did you rat feel about the mice infestation? Haha
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
6 5 Jun 2011
I have a few mice running around my house, but hey that goes with living with bush surrounds and having ample bird seed and rabbit mix available for them to munch on.

TBH they don't bother me at all as they don't enter my house, just garage, or my rabbit hutch, or bird aviary. I think they are adorable ^_^
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au