Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

State Street Team Challenge - **Post Your Photos Here!**

1 - 10 of 33 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
1 14 Sep 2009
Unleashed Admin
So it's on. State against state in the ultimate battle to save the most animals (or at least rock it, leafleting on the streets).

So the holidays are on their way and this has got to be the best way to spend em: Helping animals and putting every other state to shame. If you're keen to help your state in this battle for leafleting glory then make sure you register for the State Street Team Challenge here: www.unleashed.org.au/take_action/state-challenge.php (and get your FREE leaflet pack!)

Once you've got your leaflets and have done the deed (and taken action photos), post your photos to your community page (www.unleashed.org.au/community/post-photos.php) and head back here to let us know what creative and effective ways you distributed leaflets.

Get to it! For the state glory ... ahem I mean: For the animals!
clap
ReplyQuote

Angie Angie NSW Posts: 36
2 5 Oct 2009
RaV3N said:
Jesse said:
post your photos to your community page and head back here to let us know what creative and effective ways you distributed leaflets.
Ok so I've posted my photo proof... and where exactly do we tell people what we did/are doing? Cos it seems no-one else has........ well not in this thread anyway....
Hi Guys, this is the official thread for telling us what you have been up to with the Street Team Challenge and how you have been kicking arse for your state! Also post a link on this thread to your pics... if you have already posted on another thread then please re-post it here, we need them all in one please so we can accurately judge which state is the most glorious!! megaphone  ninja
ReplyQuote

_Matt _Matt VIC Posts: 1567
3 5 Oct 2009
ooooo

Just this past weekend I helped out tabling with another animal rights group for world animal day.

The 2 weeks prior I went leafleting at the local markets -- one of the times was with jaqui, wil and chris. It was really, really good. It's really great seeing someone take a leaflet, walk off + begin reading it, stop and then come back for more information! I keep with me all the time extra fact sheets and Animals Australia member sign-up forms for the people especially interested in the topic. I got told to move-on by those ecky council people... I told him, that if he was really that worried about my harmless leafleting to "call the police." He didn't. cool

I think, if you include the help of others, i've helped leaflet over 1000 leaflets!

Looking forward to seeing everyone elses activisting shannigans. tongue  megaphone
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
4 5 Oct 2009
I didn't want to be first happy so thx Matt!

http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?img=980&owner=22977

This is me petitioning and handing out leaflets at a shopping center last Thursday. This same activity is to be done on the 15th of Oct also.

In my hot little hands were 2 petitions - one of Hungry Jacks urging them to go Free Range and the other going to the House of Ministers to get better living conditions for factory farmed pork. In 4hrs I filled up 4 of each I think. In between talking to people - including pig farmers - and filling them in on what REALLY happens. Many were clueless.

We had, courtesy of AA, merch for sale. I was modeling our lovely Free Betty shirt. We had stickers, wrist bands, shirts, candles, etc.

I was amazed at how many people wouldn't stop and sign, or wouldn't take a leaflet. But that changed when I people doing PhD's in Animal Rights, a 45yr old who had been a vego since he was 20, and people like that. We had kids signing the petition! Great to see the kids care.
ReplyQuote

Hell Cat Hell Cat NSW Posts: 2
5 5 Oct 2009
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?&owner=22645&img=970

OMG the most fun i have had was doing this not only did my friend and I get Coton On, Diva and JayJays to help out and suport but also alot of people they were really exited and into it, it was grate to see, my friend and I tryed our hardest to draw attetion to ourself and with out tuts it worked people would ask why and then it would start a convo totaly ready to do it agene
love
ReplyQuote

mushroomfeilds mushroomfeilds SA Posts: 320
6 6 Oct 2009
RaV3N said:
Jesse said:
post your photos to your community page and head back here to let us know what creative and effective ways you distributed leaflets.
Ok so I've posted my photo proof... and where exactly do we tell people what we did/are doing? Cos it seems no-one else has........ well not in this thread anyway....
well i didnt have the chance to go leafleting so i put them under the price tags on the shelves in the meat section at the super markets around where i live and in all the caged egg containers. but i gave a couple out, so i orded some mmore and hopefully ill get themhappy
ReplyQuote

Rachel Kayla Rachel Kayla VIC Posts: 12
7 9 Oct 2009
I didn't get permission to hand out leaflets where I had planned and didn't have time to go anywhere else, so I posted them through mailboxes. I finished quicker than I thought I would. My brother helped out and took the photos for me.

Link: http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photos.php?owner=16868
ReplyQuote

Storm Storm NSW Posts: 1
8 9 Oct 2009
Last Sunday I actually handed out all the leaflets around the train station near where I live which is next to a Westfield so it was good as there were a fair amount of people.
I got about a page of signatures for the petition from there and a guy who I randomly was speaking to was actually part of a group that didn't agree with eating animals so he took a couple of blank petitions to take with him there.
Plus a cute little old man gave me $2, I tried to tell him I wasn't after money but he had a chat with me and wanted to give it to me so I passed it on as extra on a credit card donation I put through.
I am sending back the petitions probably mid next week so far now I have 4 pages total but I still think through family + extra people I know and am seeing over the next few days I can get another 2-3 pages. YAY
happy Hope everyone is going well!
ReplyQuote

d-i-am-ond d-i-am-ond WA Posts: 342
9 11 Oct 2009
Thumbs up!

Georgia, Tom, Danial and I gave out 150 leaflets, put up posters we made our selfs (with permission) up all over stores!

I made petitions last night, I'm still getting them signed, I also have a list of people who want news/ info on unleashed!

HI FIVE FOR PERTH! Oh and Me and Georgia sold vegan cupcakes the day before and sold them, and we have the money to the homeless and buskers.

Oh BTW The Body Shop hand cream, fash wash....etc is all Vegan, but only Aloe Oil ones are! I found a shop jam packed with Vegan make up! I think its Venusus....?

Well I still need to do the BBQ with the rents' but that'll go down well!

happy

http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?img=1024&owner=23643
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?img=1025&owner=23643
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?img=1026&owner=23643
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/photo.php?img=1027&owner=23643
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
10 15 Oct 2009
Unleashed Admin
bump
With less than a week to go in the State Challenge it's time to let us know how you handed out your leaflets (HERE on this thread). There have been some creative entries so far, but many of you still need to let us know what you did. Your state's glory is on your shoulders .. so hop to it and start posting!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au