Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help please! - Dizziness/Blackout

This has never happened before =o

1 - 10 of 18 posts   1 | 2  

AliceinWhorrorland AliceinWhorrorland VIC Posts: 95
1 4 Jun 2011
Now for something pretty urgent, I just got up from bed and hugged my dad goodbye (he was going to work) and I felt a bit dizzy, which, you know is normal everyone gets that sometimes when they've been sitting down for a while and suddenly get up, but I think I blacked out, I wasn't aware of my surroundings, and didn't hear my dad when he said he talked, apparently I slipped down a bit, it was only for about 3 seconds but I've never blacked out before =o
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
2 4 Jun 2011
Give' nurse on call' a call  1300 60 60 24.

I would not be ignoring this if it happened to me.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
3 4 Jun 2011
I have this all the time if I get up too quick; vestibular neuronitis [basically vertigo/dizziness]. It's to do with my middle ear or something haha. Also i get a terrible ringing in my ears, and I can't see, then I lose my balance. Just try to get up slowly next time and see if it helps, otherwise I'd go to a doctor just for a check up happy
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
4 4 Jun 2011
Thats happened to me heaps of times. I ended up in the emergency room, doctors thought I was having a heart attack...
ReplyQuote

Jen Jen VIC Posts: 619
5 4 Jun 2011
It could be Orthostatic Hypotension... but I agree, you shouldn't ignore this. Tell your doctor or call nurse on call. Keep hydrated as well, and don't attempt to get up so quickly when you're lying or sitting down.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
6 4 Jun 2011
I get that very often because of my low blood pressure. Pain in the ass.
You should definitely go to a doctor! It could be nothing, or it could be serious.
ReplyQuote

7 4 Jun 2011
Cos you dont wanna end up in hospital with people thinking your having a heart attack... Lol
ReplyQuote

8 4 Jun 2011
Dad said to mum that I should go to the doctor, so I don't know when that is, I wonder how they would be able to see what's wrong unless it happened again, ohwell, they must be smart
ReplyQuote

9 4 Jun 2011
They'll give you a blood test, check your blood pressure.. And check your eyes...
ReplyQuote

10 4 Jun 2011
so they'll basically poke me with a sharp object? =o I'll have to look away, I don't like blood =| I hope I'm fine
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au