Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

'Don't blame Aus'

Live export - facebook page? WTF

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
2 8 Jun 2011
Someone posted a bunch of Swastikas on it..  I think that just says how pathetic and disgusting these people are..
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 8 Jun 2011
The Australian beef industry designed the 'boxes' and trained the slaughtermen. It's Australia's fault not Indonesia's. I assume that page was made by beef farmers as an act of self defense.
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
4 8 Jun 2011
This page just confirms how greedy people are.
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
5 8 Jun 2011
Yeah it's a load of shat. Pretty sure a lot of citizens sent letters to Julia Gillard & the government in attempts to ban live export... But there will always be a few who disagree!
ReplyQuote

Trevor Trevor NSW Posts: 90
6 8 Jun 2011
Ignorant idiots
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
7 8 Jun 2011
A lot of people in that group seem to be using the argument "If Australia doesn't export the cattle to Indonesia, someone else will." Does anybody know if there is any other countries that would be able to meet their demand at a similar price? And do you think that other countries would even want to send their live stock over there if Australia was to pull out?

I was just wondering if that particular statement had any logic behind it. Though either way I still don't agree with live exports.
ReplyQuote

Andrewxxx Andrewxxx VIC Posts: 272
8 8 Jun 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
A lot of people in that group seem to be using the argument "If Australia doesn't export the cattle to Indonesia, someone else will." Does anybody know if there is any other countries that would be able to meet their demand at a similar price? And do you think that other countries would even want to send their live stock over there if Australia was to pull out?

I was just wondering if that particular statement had any logic behind it. Though either way I still don't agree with live exports.
Yeah it doesn't sound right to me either, I can't think of any other massive countries with huge amounts of farm land and small populations that are close enough to Indonesia for it to work. Regardless, someone else doing the wrong thing does not make it ok for us to do the it
ReplyQuote

mandyATTHEDISCO mandyATTHEDISCO WA Posts: 29
9 8 Jun 2011
Okay, as a vegetarian and someone who cares about animals i certainly DON'T support live exports. However, I feel that some people are being completely unsympathetic to the farmers who have been affected by this. I'm not saying what they do is right, so please don't all attack me for saying this. But it has been their lively hood this whole time, and to have these things pulled out from under them is horrible and means they are not fincancially stable.
I care for ALL animals, including humans. I think, due to the circumstances and the sudden decision made by the government the farmers need some sort of help. They really have been left there with nothing.
I do believe that banning live cattle exports is the right thing to do though. I just think that people on both sides could stand to be a bit more sympathetic towards the other side of the story.
The government should be investing in new ways of killing animals that they deem to be "humane" though, of course, as a vegetarian, I would believe that investing in farming that doesn't involve livestock to be a better step.
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
10 8 Jun 2011
I'm sorry, but I don't have any sympathy for the farmers.

I don't know how anyone can justify making a living by breeding animals just so they can be killed for greedy humans to eat.

They should just grow vegies happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au