Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan dim sims?

Is it possible??

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

Chip Chip VIC Posts: 168
1 9 Jun 2011
Heya guys, I've had the most bizarre craving for dim sims lately and I've tried looking up a vegan recipe for them but I can't actually seem to find one. I imagine that if I can at least find out a way to make the skin, the centre is easy to make. So have any of you ever made them? Also... I hope there's no confusion on what dim sims are... Google has proved that dim sims are not as internationally recognised as I would have thought. :/

Thanks!
-Chip
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
2 9 Jun 2011
I have never made them but Veggie Kitchen in Northcote sell them, So you can make them.

BTW they are YUMMMM
ReplyQuote

Chip Chip VIC Posts: 168
3 9 Jun 2011
Oh wow, well at least somebody makes them!! It proves possible, haha! Also off topic... is that a rat in your picture? If so, he/she is so CUTE!! I miss my girls... they're so lovely. :3
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
4 9 Jun 2011
So easy!

Make up a mince with grated fried vegetables, asian sauces and flavours.
Wrap the mince inside a wonton skin and either steam or deep fry.

Here's a basic outline http://www.ehow.com/how_2216330_make-vegetarian-dim-sum.html (use vegan ingredients though)
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
5 9 Jun 2011
I make steamed wontons a lot! Also the best dim sims I have ever had were from a place called Hooked on Seafood (it's a fish and chip shop, but a damn good one with heaps of veg options). It's in Eden, when I was on holiday there I had them three days in a row. tongue I got the name of them from the lady that worked there: http://www.hakka.com.au/entree_takeaway.htm

But alas that website is terrible and I don't know if/how you can order them :/

Btw if anyone has a chance to visit beautiful Eden and go to that shop, get their vegie burger, it's the most wonderful thing ever.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 9 Jun 2011
I am fairly sure this is the brand I usually buy! I get them from a food warehouse which sells things really cheap and in bulk. I know that doesn't really help unless you live in Newcastle, NSW :/
Though maybe try and find a food warehouse or something in your area? They may also sell them.

And wow that website really is terrible lol.
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
7 10 Jun 2011
The Radical Grocery store sold them not too long ago, you would have to call up and see if they have any in stock.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
8 10 Jun 2011
On this note, Ive stopped eating dim sims cos i wasnt sure if they typically have meat in them... Does anyone know?
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
9 10 Jun 2011
. said:
On this note, Ive stopped eating dim sims cos i wasnt sure if they typically have meat in them... Does anyone know?
yes, they do
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
10 10 Jun 2011
Okay.. thanks.. i wasnt sure, cos its just mushy stuff and i wasn't very trusting of it lol thanks
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au