Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Meat consumption down by up to 20%

yep... 20%.

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Karen Karen Australia Posts: 993
1 10 Jun 2011
Unleashed Admin
Latest reports indicate Aussies are shunning meat after learning from Animals Australia's live export investigation that animals feel pain and don't want to die (ok I ad-libbed that last little bit).

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/news/content/201106/s3240584.htm

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
2 10 Jun 2011
WOOOO! happy
I really hope this lasts. I hope a lot of people go veg because of this and change their lives.
ReplyQuote

Moo Moo Moo Moo VIC Posts: 43
3 10 Jun 2011
That's a start! soon all of Australia will be cruelty free happy

cow
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
4 10 Jun 2011
Ya know what I love in this article..

"People, even though they eat the product, they don't want to know where it comes from and when they see scenes like we saw a week or so ago, it's horrific and it just turns people off eating red meat, which is a real tragedy for our industry in Australia, who do the right thing."

It's a tragedy for the industry in Australia, who do the right thing??? ... Im sorry ... We're sending the animals, in terrible travelling conditions .... To the countries, that do this to them.. That is not the right thing.. To me it's like an accomplice in a murder trial, you didnt do it.. But you know about it, and didn't stop it..
ReplyQuote

...2 ...2 WA Posts: 2307
5 10 Jun 2011
I couldn't agree with you more, ".".
People are so content to turn a blind eye. It is for this reason that I am FORBIDDEN from discussing animal rights with my family when eating, and even when we aren't, if I bring up animal rights, I am instantly either glared at, or drowned out by a tirade of jokes about vegans.

Ignorance is NOT bliss, and it's high time people woke up to the reality. If you're going to be an accomplice, if you're going to contribute to the occurrence of these atrocities and enjoy the spoils of this holocaust, then look them right in the face and know what you are doing.

Ahem. /rant.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
6 10 Jun 2011
. said:
Ya know what I love in this article..

"People, even though they eat the product, they don't want to know where it comes from and when they see scenes like we saw a week or so ago, it's horrific and it just turns people off eating red meat, which is a real tragedy for our industry in Australia, who do the right thing."

It's a tragedy for the industry in Australia, who do the right thing??? ... Im sorry ... We're sending the animals, in terrible travelling conditions .... To the countries, that do this to them.. That is not the right thing.. To me it's like an accomplice in a murder trial, you didnt do it.. But you know about it, and didn't stop it..

I think they actually mean that Australia kill the animals much more humanely. Although I don't think its that much of a tragedy.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
7 10 Jun 2011
I say sucked in personally. Don't care if they live off of that. There's plenty of other jobs that don't involve killing living beings happy
Might sound rude, because I know alot of parents of people on here are farmers and what not. But I just say .. HA.. HA!!
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
8 10 Jun 2011
My mum was so touched by this whole expose on live export, she actually said to me "Bek, maybe you have it all right being vegan. People need to start changing the way they look and feel about what they're eating, I know I am"

It's changing peoples thoughts on meat, it's only a good thing!

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
9 10 Jun 2011
That is wonderful news!  ecstatic
Love you Animals Australia!  love
ReplyQuote

Glenn Glenn QLD Posts: 48
10 10 Jun 2011
This is great news...I think!!

The only thing I worry about is that if people are just stopping to eat Cows/Pigs/Lambs etc...which, whilst great for those animals - if people then continue to eat chicken/fish....then 1 cow = many many chickens/fish

But defs great news that people are starting to eat more with their conscious and hearts!!! Ethical eating can be a spiral effect & it may lead to people then eating less chicken/fish & meat all together happy!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au