Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Change of pet's habits according to seasons

1 - 10 of 31 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
1 10 Jun 2011
Has anyone else noticed that their dogs only want to sit around all day when its cold and wet? My dogs used to wake me up to let them outside in the morning now I have to make them go outside in the afternoons.

They're fairly sooky kind of dogs and generally don't like getting their feet wet so I'm putting this down to the change in weather.

I made them a warm breakfast the other morning and Harold, the eldest dog, was wagging his tail whilst nomming it down so I guess that's a new addition to their menu..
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 10 Jun 2011
my dog is more active in winter then the summer. although she is a st bernard tongue
ReplyQuote

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
3 10 Jun 2011
Hahaha yeah, pugs weren't generally bred for rescuing people from the snow. If someone had an accident in front of the heater on the other hand.. Wait, who I am kidding. They'd just hinder. haha
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
4 10 Jun 2011
pugs are super cute! happy i guess it depends on your breed of dog, becouse as i said my dog lays around all day in summer and basically lives in the pool and in winter she is super active, although her age is starting to get the better of her sad
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
5 10 Jun 2011
My dog seems to slow down a little bit too, she's a lot more active in the summer, but that's probably because we're more active in the summer too. Although, she spends a lot of her time sun baking in summer.

My cats sleep a lot more when it's cold too, especially if it's raining. And my bunny is Sable, so his coat is changing colour for the winter. It's so cute!
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
6 10 Jun 2011
Cargo barely even moves when it's cold. I went for a couple of walks with him today and he was SUPER energetic though. We was leaping around like mad it was hilarious. But now he's slouchy and barely even moves, it's crazy D:
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
7 10 Jun 2011
My dogs LOVE both summer and winter. They love to play in the mud, and then in summer, they love to play in the mud I make for them!

My dogs are the kind of dogs that are happy to sleep on you bed ALL day, and they are also happy to ru around all day! happy
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
8 10 Jun 2011
I'm pretty sure especially with older dogs their joints get stiffer and more painful during winter. Make sure they have somewhere warm to sit inside, maybe near a fireplace (if you have one, lucky you!) or heater. Gentle massage can help as well. I guess pets wouldn't be immune to Seasonal Affective Disorder either, dogs are happiest when they can frolic around in the grass when the sun in shining, and this weather has been terrible. I'd be depressed if I were a dog as well sad
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
9 10 Jun 2011
My dogs only 2... His bones should be great, hahaha
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
10 10 Jun 2011
My cats are always lazy!! Haha  Right now, they are sitting on their bed, infront of the heather, Probably almost roasted.. LOL

The dogs ( 2 Fox terriers ) Are usually crazy during the day but as it's getting colder they love coming in and snoozing by the heater... Just like me happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au