Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Change of pet's habits according to seasons

11 - 20 of 31 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
11 10 Jun 2011
KittyLover said:
My cats are always lazy!! Haha  Right now, they are sitting on their bed, infront of the heather, Probably almost roasted.. LOL

The dogs ( 2 Fox terriers ) Are usually crazy during the day but as it's getting colder they love coming in and snoozing by the heater... Just like me happy
Ha! I read this as 'boozing' by the heater at first. Just you and your two terriers getting smashed next to the heater brought on the elloels for me.

The dogs get up in the afternoon, have a little play around then retire in front of the heater with the cat.
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
12 10 Jun 2011
Kick said:
KittyLover said:
My cats are always lazy!! Haha  Right now, they are sitting on their bed, infront of the heather, Probably almost roasted.. LOL

The dogs ( 2 Fox terriers ) Are usually crazy during the day but as it's getting colder they love coming in and snoozing by the heater... Just like me happy
Ha! I read this as 'boozing' by the heater at first. Just you and your two terriers getting smashed next to the heater brought on the elloels for me.

The dogs get up in the afternoon, have a little play around then retire in front of the heater with the cat.
LOL  Glad to make you laugh happy

I'm sure Dixie would have a drink, She'll eat anything... Haha
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
13 10 Jun 2011
My dogs are attached to the heater too. We have one main heater in the living room that one of my dogs has her bed by and I caught the other dog sneaking on the end of her bed there the other day. The other dog is small and usually plops himself infront of my personal room heater. He will lay there all day. Only moving to change which side gets warmed.

It's funny how much they like the warmth, very human. We're so spoilt to keep warm and now our pets are too. Makes me feel sorry for those shelter doggies out in the cold sad
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
14 10 Jun 2011
KittyLover said:

Yeah, my cats are always pretty lazy too, I never notice any habits are changing.
I do notice my eldest kitty, Audrey is usually lodged between me and my partner in the bed when I wake up in the morning, and she's usually at the bottom of the bed, obviously rugging up and getting that little bit warmer.

We actually don't own a heater... lol! I'm thinking about getting a large heated pet bed for the two of my spoilt kitties, but I've heard bad things about them :/

Anyone have one/tried one/had a good or bad experience with them? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
ReplyQuote

15 10 Jun 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
We actually don't own a heater... lol! I'm thinking about getting a large heated pet bed for the two of my spoilt kitties, but I've heard bad things about them :/

Anyone have one/tried one/had a good or bad experience with them? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
You don't have a heater?!

I can't help but think of the fire rate of heated blankets regarding the pet beds, but maybe that's just the worry wort in me..
ReplyQuote

16 10 Jun 2011
Kick said:
xMISSMONSTERx said:

You don't have a heater?!

I can't help but think of the fire rate of heated blankets regarding the pet beds, but maybe that's just the worry wort in me..
Yeah the fire rates etc is why I haven't already purchased one for the cats, I feel sorry for them though when it gets really cold sad    I've also heard of pets being burnt by them too.
ReplyQuote

17 10 Jun 2011
xMISSMONSTERx said:
KittyLover said:

Yeah, my cats are always pretty lazy too, I never notice any habits are changing.
I do notice my eldest kitty, Audrey is usually lodged between me and my partner in the bed when I wake up in the morning, and she's usually at the bottom of the bed, obviously rugging up and getting that little bit warmer.

You can buy a thing called snugglesafe.. It's like a wheat bag I guess, Goes in the microwave and stays warm for up to 12 hours. They are about $60
ReplyQuote

18 10 Jun 2011
Mm, the internet also says that there is a tendency for the cat to chew through the cord and get zapped.

Maybe a good ol' heated wheat bag in their beds could work in the interim?

Edit: Snap! Kitty Lover you beat me to it!
ReplyQuote

19 10 Jun 2011
I'm one of those crazy ladies who hates microwaves.... I dont own one. Haha!
ReplyQuote

20 10 Jun 2011
Really?

Maybe you could just go next door and ask your neighbours if you could use theirs to heat up the cats snugglesafe... LOL

Just being silly... I'm tired... LOL
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au