Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Moroccan food

1 - 4 of 4 posts

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
1 19 Jun 2011
I guess people have noticed that tagines seem to be in all of a sudden. Don't know why, maybe it's a masterchef thing or something. Either way I'm happy because I love to try new foods.

I had been looking for a tagine and couscousiere for SO LONG! And then randomly they are in. Not so much the couscousieres, and I think they're called something else in Australia. I picked up one which was called a 'multifunction electric doo-dad'....or something.

I finally got a HUGE tagine from Aldi for only $29!!! YAY! I tried it straight away and was very satisfied. I had a whack at this recipe http://www.sbs.com.au/food/foodsafarirecipe/index/id/3/n/Chicken_tajine_with_preserved_lemon_and_olives with some minor changes as I didn't have all the ingredients, and I was cooking at around 11 at night, lol!

This is how I did it, if anyone is interested:

Chermoula Marinade:
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 tbsp coriander (didn't have it fresh)
2 tbsp parsley (didn't have it fresh)
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
Salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil ( I prefer it to olive oil)
2 bay leaves, torn in half

7 small potatoes, cut into wedges
left over onion, sliced
1 tomato, diced
4 artichoke hearts, diced
2 tbsp coriander (didn't have it fresh)
2 tbsp parsley (didn't have it fresh)
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
Salt
1 cup water
tin of diced tomatoes

Blend all the ingredients for the Chermoula Marinade, and place it in the tagine. Throw all the other ingredients in the tagine and mix. Add extra spices if desired. Place 2 cinnamon sticks and 4 bay leaves on top of the ingredients and stick the lid on top. Put on a low heat (stove top - depending what type of tagine you have) for 45mins - 1hr.

Eat the awesomeness! You can add couscous to the meal when it's done, or rice...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I also added mushroom, broccoli, and ginger happy
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 19 Jun 2011
Does anyone else have any Moroccan recipes to share?
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
3 19 Jun 2011
That recipe looks really good! I might have to try it one night.

Admittedly I haven't really tried many morrocan style dishes, closest probably being a roasted vegetable couscous.
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
4 20 Jun 2011
Ooh that sounds delish!

I bought a Tagine for my dad a year ago and I've been wanting to get one ever since! $29 at Aldi, bargain!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au