Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

My pet peeve!

Wondering if anyone else feels the same

1 - 10 of 23 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
1 20 Jun 2011
One of my pet peeves, which came to mind after looking at the 'dating' post by mushroomfeilds (not having a go at you or anything hun, oh and did you know your name is spelled incorrect? lol)
anyway, it's been said on this forum multiple times, and I just don't get it.

It's when we (Vegetarians and Vegans) say "I respect their decision" when it comes to people eating meat and/or animal products.

To me, eating meat is not a decision, most of us are raised like that.
The decision is to change your life and go Veg or Vegan.

Am I not right by thinking this?

(Again, I'm not trying to offend or upset anyone that has said this before)
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
2 20 Jun 2011
In my mind, you HAVE to respect their decision, otherwise you'd probably kill them.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
3 20 Jun 2011
So you dont like people respecting others for their decisions?
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
4 20 Jun 2011
rottweiler said:
No, not at all, I just think the term is incorrect.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 20 Jun 2011
I don't really understand how it can be worded any differently. It's a meat eaters decision as to what they do, although it might be wrong- we can't disrespect them because of it... As ive said many times, that's what makes people not respect vegans / vegetarians.. Because of how pushy they can be.. Thats why when I ate meat, I always told vegos to f off and said I didnt care, cos the rants were endless and so pushy.. So by respecting them, they listen. You be-little someone and they're not going to give a shit
ReplyQuote

meh meh NSW Posts: 2674
6 20 Jun 2011
Jordanwts said:
rottweiler said:
No, not at all, I just think the term is incorrect.
Are you thinking of 'tolerate'?
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
7 20 Jun 2011
That's what I said to my boyfriend "I don't respect the fact that you eat animals, but I tolerate it". And since he does a really great job at being pseudo-vegan, he deserves respect for that!
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
8 20 Jun 2011
mm I had big issues with my bf eating meat after I had my eyes opened and showed him what I saw that caused me to go veg. I don't respect meat eating.. I think it's selfish. I hate it when they say "I know its cruel, but I just have to ignore it" or something. That isn't respectable in my eyes.

But I know I have to respect their right to choose cruelty free or cruel. So whilst I disagree, I let it go.
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
9 20 Jun 2011
I think we need to accept their decission, but we in no way should need to respect it.
ReplyQuote

hayley2 hayley2 VIC Posts: 208
10 21 Jun 2011
I dont respect any one who eats meat! how can you respect their decision to support that kind of cruelty.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au