Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Donating your old glasses

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Kick Kick VIC Posts: 540
1 22 Jun 2011
Happy Wednesday guys,

If youíre anything like me and seem to be losing your eyesight by the minute, you probably have a lot of spare glasses hiding around your house because your prescription changed. If so, then you can send them reply paid to these guys:

PersonalEYES Donate Glasses
Reply Paid 301
PARRAMATTA NSW 2124

And they will forward them onto those who are vision impaired and living in developing countries.

Now, Iíve read a few articles on the net about how itís probably more cost effective to be just sending new glasses to the country directly from the manufacturers but hey, I believe in recycling and Iíll let someone bigger than me decide whatís best to do with them.

It is estimated that there are about 250 million people who are needing glasses right now, so wrap your old ones up in a padded bag and toddle on down to the post office.

cool
ReplyQuote

Milo Milo VIC Posts: 31
2 22 Jun 2011
Thank you so much for this.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
3 22 Jun 2011
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this info.
I've always felt bad about throwing away my old prescription glasses, but I never knew what to do with them.
ReplyQuote

4 22 Jun 2011
Dark Cherry said:
I've always felt bad about throwing away my old prescription glasses, but I never knew what to do with them.
That's okay. I know what you mean, its such a shame that these programs aren't promoted more publicly. There should be a system set up much like donating your old mobile/charger at the post office and phone dealers.

thumb
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 22 Jun 2011
Kick said:
Dark Cherry said:
That's okay. I know what you mean, its such a shame that these programs aren't promoted more publicly. There should be a system set up much like donate your old mobile/charger at the post office and phone dealers.

thumb
At all the All Phones ive been too, they have drop off boxes and stuff to recycle phones and stuff- not to donate, but it recycles them...
ReplyQuote

6 22 Jun 2011
Yep. That is the program.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
7 22 Jun 2011
Oh okay. Well then there is?
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
8 22 Jun 2011
I have seen a box at my grandma's nursing home where you can put your old glasses to donate to people living in developing countries. It's a great idea, especially since the old people at the nursing home would go through glasses constantly since their eye sight is depleting fast.
ReplyQuote

9 22 Jun 2011
rottweiler said:
Oh okay. Well then there is?
I know.. That was what I was talking about.

Abbiesaurus said:
I have seen a box at my grandma's nursing home where you can put your old glasses to donate to people living in developing countries. It's a great idea, especially since the old people at the nursing home would go through glasses constantly since their eye sight is depleting fast.
Ooh. I should move into one. Plus, they have pudding. happy I knew that they had to exist somewhere because I had seen similar flyers for donating your old/ill-fitting bras (which is a brillant idea) so it would only make sense to have one for prescription glasses. I wonder if a lot of nursing homes have these?

I was reading something that was complaining about the system because essentially the countries would just be sent a big box of glasses and the chances of finding a pair that were suitable for your eyes was low and therefore not worth the cost of having to send them there. All in all though, it didn't really offer any solutions on how to fix that but was just having a whinge.
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
10 22 Jun 2011
Budget Eyewear also do this too. I have one not too far from wear I live and I've got a few I'll be dropping off there happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 
Sign In or Register

What's on your mind? We want to know! Sign in with your Unleashed forum account or register to have your say!

E-Mail:
Password:
  Lost password?
Who
Most Liked Contributors
Today's Top Poster Aly Today's most liked:
Aly
July's Top Poster Aly July's most liked: Aly (6 likes)

Blog News