Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Help is really needed! - Melbourne Rally

Some of you might remember my ideas to raise awareness on animal testing in Melb

1 - 10 of 27 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

a. a. VIC Posts: 82
1 22 Jun 2011
Hi everyone!

So anybody in Melbourne area, I am planning to organise an anti- animal testing stall in Melbourne on July 31st on Bourke Street around 12 noon. I have ordered ALOT of the Choose Cruelty Free postcards to be sent to the Hon Nicola Roxon MP, Minister for Health and Ageing. These postcards request that Australian legislation be amended to bring it into line with the European- that is, BAN ANIMAL TESTING IN COSMETICS IN AUSTRALIA. I will pre-stamp these postcards so basically, anybody who comes along to help will have the role of asking people to simply sign a postcard. Also, I will give you guys leaflets to hand out... and feel free to bring along any other materials you might have. I will do the rest, ie send them off. And I will be dressed as a rabbit to add effect, and anybody else who is game enough to dress up (cmon, its an important cause!) should do so! It gains so much more attention from people walking by.

So basically, I would love the help of anybody else in Melbourne who feels as passionately about banning animal testing in the cosmetics industry as I do. The more the merrier! Please, anybody who is interested (and seriously interested, so i can get an indication of how many people I will have on board) I really, really need the help of volunteers to make this as effective as possible. happy

Anybody interested, let me know via this thread!

Thankyou guys!
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
2 22 Jun 2011
Im obviously not in Melbourne. But that sounds awesome, good luck!
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
3 22 Jun 2011
I'd love to come!!! I'll even dress up happy

I can probably get my sisters to come along too.

EDIT... I can't come sad  I just called my sis to ask her to come along and it's my Nieces dance concert at 2pm sad

If it was on saturday I could come sad
ReplyQuote

Ferret Ferret NSW Posts: 203
4 22 Jun 2011
I would love to come if I was in Melbourne! :3

I am actually doing a very similar thing to you however in Sydney teehee. c:

If we ever end up in the same state I would love to do something with you to stop animal testing! n - n
ReplyQuote

JayT JayT VIC Posts: 525
5 22 Jun 2011
That's quite a long time away, but sure put me down as a maybe (you need to ask me about a week or two before the date)
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 22 Jun 2011
As I help so many groups I cannot lock it in yet sorry
but ill let you know
ReplyQuote

7 22 Jun 2011
KittyLover said:
I'd love to come!!! I'll even dress up happy

I can probably get my sisters to come along too.

EDIT... I can't come sad  I just called my sis to ask her to come along and it's my Nieces dance concert at 2pm sad

If it was on saturday I could come sad
There is no reason that it HAS to be sunday.. that was just for the sake of chosing a date! If more people are free saturday, then saturday it can be happy Id love your help
ReplyQuote

8 22 Jun 2011
Thanks for your responses. Everyone, if there is a better day than this that suits more people, then the date can be changed. I just picked any random day in July, but as I am free Saturdays and Sundays I really do not mind. What is everyone's preference? I understand that its ages away but life is so busy that its easier to plan far in advance!
ReplyQuote

9 22 Jun 2011
Miss Paige said:
I would love to come if I was in Melbourne! :3

I am actually doing a very similar thing to you however in Sydney teehee. c:

If we ever end up in the same state I would love to do something with you to stop animal testing! n - n
Sure thing! Its great that you are also doing something.. lets hope we can make something happen happy
ReplyQuote

10 22 Jun 2011
jack said:
As I help so many groups I cannot lock it in yet sorry
but ill let you know
Of course, no worries. Its ages away, hopefully plenty of time to organise a little posse!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au