Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Adelaide Central Market

Awesome vegan products

1 - 7 of 7 posts

ecochick ecochick SA Posts: 214
1 9 Jul 2011
So I went to for a spur-of-the-moment trip to the central market with my family the other week and I was overjoyed at some of the stuff I found! At 'The House Of Health', as well as having every lentil, bean and grain I know of (well that may be an exaggeration) but they also had nearly all of the Orgran products and... Vitirum gelatine free jelly! plus heaps of other vegan (and non-vegan) products. ecstatic
Also, at 'Kim Wah supermarket' (I think... i cant remember how to spell it!  ashamed2) they sell Lamyong products! and probably heaps of other asian products that are vegan! definatley worth a snoop! happy
And for anyone who didn't know, there is also a vegetarian/vegan thingo one of the chinatown food courts...   clap
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
2 9 Jul 2011
i havnt been to the central market for yeeears. should head down there
havn't been to china town in soso long, hate that place /vomit
ReplyQuote

3 9 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
not cos im racist. but cos so much of the stuff there makes me sick. as in, the food
ReplyQuote

4 9 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
rottweiler said:
not cos im racist. but cos so much of the stuff there makes me sick. as in, the food
yea well, its like the two extremes there, either really yummy vegan food or really yukky animal bits... unfortunatley there are usually more animal bits than vegan stuff though... sad
ReplyQuote

5 9 Jul 2011
that's why i choose not to go there =/
it grosses me out, and it smells disgusting- from what i remember..
ReplyQuote

6 9 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
that's why i choose not to go there =/
it grosses me out, and it smells disgusting- from what i remember..
when i went with my school, i saw all the fresh veggies and went to smell them, but instead i got a whiff of seafood and meat from behind me! luckily though, some other places (roasted nuts) are stronger smelling happy
ReplyQuote

Mazzakat Mazzakat SA Posts: 103
7 10 Jul 2011
ecochick said:
So I went to for a spur-of-the-moment trip to the central market with my family the other week and I was overjoyed at some of the stuff I found! At 'The House Of Health', as well as having every lentil, bean and grain I know of (well that may be an exaggeration) but they also had nearly all of the Orgran products and... Vitirum gelatine free jelly! plus heaps of other vegan (and non-vegan) products. ecstatic
Also, at 'Kim Wah supermarket' (I think... i cant remember how to spell it!  ashamed2) they sell Lamyong products! and probably heaps of other asian products that are vegan! definatley worth a snoop! happy
And for anyone who didn't know, there is also a vegetarian/vegan thingo one of the chinatown food courts...   clap
Goodies and Grains in the Central Market Plaza has a great range of vegan/vegetarian products.  Also the supermarket you are thinking of is the Kim Wang Market.  They have the cheapest tofu there.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au