Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Lennon Bro's Circus

Protest, Cahill Park 15th or 16th July?

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Jaimie1 Jaimie1 NSW Posts: 20
1 11 Jul 2011
Would anyone be interested in a civil protest at the Lennon Bro's Circus this weekend in Sydney?

Lennon Bro's is known for their lion performers/prisoners, they are one of only 2 circuses left in Australia to still have big cats. I would like to see ZERO circuses have big cats, or any animals for that matter.

Other animals in the Lennon Circus include:

•Horses
•Monkeys
•Camels
•Lllamas
•Geese
•Dogs

No animal should be forced to "entertain" us. It is unnatural, and it is unnecessary. No animal should be forced to "work" for humans like slaves. No animal WANTS to wear a stupid hat and perform for screaming kids under bright lights with stupid clowns. No animal wants to be applauded and laughed at and pointed at.

Animals (especially exotic) Want to be in their natural habitat, doing what nature intended, roaming around, sleeping in the sun, playing etc etc.... I find an animal most intriguing to watch whilst its doing what it feels like, not some lame trick some trainer repeatedly beated them to perform.

The Lennon circus was the centre of attention is 2001 after a trainer was set upon by 3 lions, this naturally distressed onlooking children and horrified everybody else. Why did these lions attack? They didn't WANT to do what they were being forced to do, obviously.
Countless other incidents involing this circus can be found online.

So would anyone be interested in protesting at this circus this weekend in Cahill Park?
ReplyQuote

2 11 Jul 2011
Would anyone be interested in a civil protest at the Lennon Bro's Circus this weekend in Sydney?

Lennon Bro's is known for their lion performers/prisoners, they are one of only 2 circuses left in Australia to still have big cats. I would like to see ZERO circuses have big cats, or any animals for that matter.

Other animals in the Lennon Circus include:

•Horses
•Monkeys
•Camels
•Lllamas
•Geese
•Dogs

No animal should be forced to "entertain" us. It is unnatural, and it is unnecessary. No animal should be forced to "work" for humans like slaves. No animal WANTS to wear a stupid hat and perform for screaming kids under bright lights with stupid clowns. No animal wants to be applauded and laughed at and pointed at.

Animals (especially exotic) Want to be in their natural habitat, doing what nature intended, roaming around, sleeping in the sun, playing etc etc.... I find an animal most intriguing to watch whilst its doing what it feels like in its natural habitiat, not some lame trick some trainer repeatedly beated them to perform.

The Lennon circus was the centre of attention is 2001 after a trainer was set upon by 3 lions, this naturally distressed onlooking children and horrified everybody else. Why did these lions attack? They didn't WANT to do what they were being forced to do, obviously.
Countless other incidents involing this circus can be found online.

So would anyone be interested in protesting at this circus this weekend in Cahill Park?
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
3 11 Jul 2011
i wished i lived in sydney, good luck clap
ReplyQuote

James misty calvaruso James misty calvaruso NSW Posts: 77
4 11 Jul 2011
Sure Im up for it just say when and where, I will do anything to protect the rights and welfare of animals.
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 11 Jul 2011
The Moscow circus has hit adelaide, and my nonna asked me to go with the great grand kids and I happily declined because there's animals in it..
ReplyQuote

6 11 Jul 2011
Awesome! Well I think if we get a few more people it should be worth it!! The waiting game begins...
ReplyQuote

7 11 Jul 2011
Oh nooo, poor nonna. She probably isn't aware of the cruelty behind circuses and thinks it would be good! All we can do is spread the word happy
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
8 12 Jul 2011
Jaimie1 said:
Oh nooo, poor nonna. She probably isn't aware of the cruelty behind circuses and thinks it would be good! All we can do is spread the word happy
Haha i know Nonna was fine with it. She was like "thats okay cassandra, i didnt realise there was animals in it but i understand" I was like "nonna, i can't support it and give them money, sorry sad"
She's good though, just a lonely old lady
ReplyQuote

sophxx sophxx NSW Posts: 169
9 13 Jul 2011
Whereabouts is cahill park? i might be able to come happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au