Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

GreenPeace campaign. Help save the last remaining Sumatran tigers.

Ask IGA to stop selling toilet paper from APP

1 - 7 of 7 posts

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
1 26 Jul 2011
There are less than 400 Sumatran tigers left in the wild.

The habitat of Sumatran tigers is being sold in IGA supermarkets across Australia as toilet paper. IGA buys its toilet paper from Indonesia's most notorious rainforest destroyer, Asia Pulp and Paper (APP).

Please click the link below and ask IGA to stop selling toilet paper from APP. It only takes a minute to fill out:
https://www.greenpeace.org.au/action/index.php?cid=20

If you currently purchase IGA toilet rolls, please consider trying a different brand (the recycled ones are quite good).

Thanks everyone.  kitty
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
2 26 Jul 2011
IGA represent.

I worked there for 4 years or something.. maybe I could do something *rubs chin

But if I go to my ex boss... (who is a kind gentleman) and after not being in there for a while be all 'Hey Name... mind you stop selling the IGA toilet rolls, as they are decimating Sumatra's Tiger population. you should refer this to your suppliers and the company at large of this franchise.. so they may cease in their tracks'..while he is just trying to make the store presentable enough for them (to carry the IGA name) each day.

so yeah not buying it.. is probably one of the most effective options, long term.. short term it is just another local shop kick in the ass. While the big companies can sell murder in a pretty bottle, un-boycotted [some IGA's are foodland, some aren't]
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
3 26 Jul 2011
Done!
ReplyQuote

Billy_Everchanging Billy_Everchanging VIC Posts: 23
4 26 Jul 2011
Done! happy
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
5 27 Jul 2011
sometimes I should read posts... lol

Ok.. done. but I wrote my own letter... hopefully they find it amongst the sea of sameness... like the importance of the pattern to your ass on a million rolls of toilet paper.

or the true importance of ink on toilet paper to your eyes. ... none I hope... but it still has an impact... so lets hope the reams of pre-printed e-mails do to.

just like your subconscious purchase of writing on packaging rather than the product itself for what it is... we sign off on a letter... just how my Riztburger signs off on what products they buy... 'one had a low price tag and reads 'toilet rolls' one has a high price tag and reads .... 'toilet rolls'.... it doesn't say. "Ethical paper" 20c....  "Tiger death" .03c per roll.

It says... "buy me ...i'm on special.. i'm cheap".... and we go "ooOoo we're cheap too.. we can afford this.".. though for mr. Ritzenburgstar or mc murder claws as he is affectionately known... it would say 'buy in bulk for super special discount' and he is all 'I discount my responsibility to earth... I can afford this ecstatic'.

and so.

tigers die... in the midst of ambiguity... a fog like mist of vaporized intelligence
and a complete loss of liability in the haze of a global 'need' (greed)... ... some number we call money... used to represent.. the reap of the unreplacable earth.

you have money in your wallet right now....  that value represents waste.. not a 'new' something... but an old ... dead earth.

So maybe... we can set our targets a little higher... and take down the big boss .. using the cheat codes and cannon of mystery.. and not waste our time... jumping on mushrooms and shit.  (or we are all... anyone who has spent a penny... to blame)

I want to see ... something actually happen (positive for well being).... in a year or two.. NOT my life time.
ReplyQuote

Corina Corina NSW Posts: 42
6 27 Jul 2011
Done, thanks for sharing happy
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
7 27 Jul 2011
I watched the video...

People are heartless idiots.

Sent the letter!
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au