Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

What do you do if you make a mistake?

I feel guilty

1 - 10 of 10 posts

beckykey beckykey VIC Posts: 3
1 26 Jul 2011
From my last post 'brand new'
Ive looked up the sites that people have linked me
and i think ive bought and consumed food with some of the ingredients that i shouldnt be eating.

i feel like i researched well, but ive already made a mistake.

im not sure what to do.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 27 Jul 2011
drive yourself to the nearest police station and ask them to lock you up tongue

Nah but seriously, it matters not. We all stuff up sometimes especially in the beginning, you cannot be hard on yourself, just start again the next day happy

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
3 27 Jul 2011
I'm with Kirrilly, don't worry!!
It's only the beginning so just take each instance as a learning experience- don't feel judged by a label.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
4 27 Jul 2011
Always farken happens to me...

*grummbles...

happens aaalllll the time.. 10% of the stuff people get me is edible.

most of what I get is... to some extent. grr
ReplyQuote

Hayley. J Hayley. J VIC Posts: 143
5 27 Jul 2011
Worry not! I've been vegan for over a year and a half now and I made a mistake as recently as yesterday. It really doesn't matter because you then learn from those mistakes, and after all, it was completely unintentional wink
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
6 27 Jul 2011
Just remember, it's a lifestyle. happy If you eat something that has something wrong in it, you can learn from it.

I found out my soymilk wasn't vegan, after drinking it for ages. It doesn't change the fact that buying it has supported the soymilk industry rather than dairy directly.

Also just found out the cake I had from vege bar wasn't a vegan one. I just accepted it, didn't feel guilty. My bf was ordering it anyway, I only had a bit of his. Next time I'll get the vegan one for us. They were both good. happy

It sucks when something you eat regularly has bit of cream or cheese in it. But it gives you a chance to try a different brand, something new or make it yourself! (better for you happy)
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
7 27 Jul 2011
Don't beat yourself up about it or worry too much - it happens! There is so much to learn so you're not expected to know everything. It just matters that you're trying your best happy I've been vegan for almost a year now, and there are still times mistakes happen. E.g. I've asked if something is vegan and dairy free on a menu and have been told so, then two weeks later when I ask again when I'm ordering the same thing they say it actually isn't vegan... And a few times where I've accidentally bought things I thought were vegan but weren't (picked up pizza shapes instead of BBQ without realising). It's a learning curve and no one is perfect happy
ReplyQuote

DaveQB DaveQB NSW Posts: 287
8 27 Jul 2011
To take it slightly off topic....but don't you all hate when a perfectly good meal is ruined by people thinking it must have some cheese mixed in or a sprinkle of bacon or something!  furious
ReplyQuote

follz follz NSW Posts: 105
9 27 Jul 2011
As others have already said, don't beat yourself up about it... just beat yourself up when you 'slip' by eating a steak or drinking calf milk etc

peace
ReplyQuote

TofuUnleashed TofuUnleashed TAS Posts: 986
10 27 Jul 2011
DaveQB said:
To take it slightly off topic....but don't you all hate when a perfectly good meal is ruined by people thinking it must have some cheese mixed in or a sprinkle of bacon or something!  furious
YES! angry
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au