Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Trouble with my dog

Jumping on the bench

1 - 10 of 36 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
1 31 Jul 2011
I have a 2 and a half yr old cavalier x spaniel, very small but she can JUMP! she gets on on the kitchen bench when we are at work, its awful, she breaks all the dishes and eats any food that may be left out (we always try to clean up before we leave but....you know how it is).
Worst of all her hair is everywhere on the bench and her footprints are everywhere! I love her to death but I do think its a bit gross.
She only ever does it when we're out, never once seen her do it so i cant tell her off!
Does anyone have any ideas to stop her from doing this? I've searched the net but cant really find anything
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
2 31 Jul 2011
maybe lock off the kitchen, have you seen those mesh blockers? you can buy them at most petshops
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
3 31 Jul 2011
shanii said:
maybe lock off the kitchen, have you seen those mesh blockers? you can buy them at most petshops
That wouldn't work for us unfortunately, we have fully open plan downstairs with an island so there's no separating the rooms
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
4 31 Jul 2011
This may seem a tiny bit weird, but it worked with my cousin's dog!

He would always jump up or, really, anything! Try putting a bit on " VICKS VapoRub " on a bit on the bench, or were he jumps up on. Dog's H.A.T.E the smell of it, be sure to keep him away. You can always wipe it off, when you get home, or when your cooking//etc.

Heres what it looks like;  http://www.google.com.au/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=853&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=VICKS+VapoRub&oq=VICKS+VapoRub&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=60110l66600l0l66790l13l13l0l3l3l0l1204l6169l2-1.0.2.1.1.3l8l0

wow, long link. ;3
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 31 Jul 2011
AlexandraMcLeaan said:

He would always jump up or, really, anything! Try putting a bit on " VICKS VapoRub " on a bit on the bench, or were he jumps up on. Dog's H.A.T.E the smell of it, be sure to keep him away. You can always wipe it off, when you get home, or when your cooking//etc.

Heres what it looks like;  http://www.google.com.au/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=853&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=VICKS+VapoRub&oq=VICKS+VapoRub&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=60110l66600l0l66790l13l13l0l3l3l0l1204l6169l2-1.0.2.1.1.3l8l0

wow, long link. ;3
They also hate the smell of eucalyptus oil. I think anything with a really strong cent, because they have such amazing senses- their smell is crazy.. so anything that is strong for us, is a million times stronger for them.. and they HATE it
ReplyQuote

6 31 Jul 2011
AlexandraMcLeaan said:

wow, long link. ;3
SORRY.... she!
ReplyQuote

7 31 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
AlexandraMcLeaan said:

wow, long link. ;3
They also hate the smell of eucalyptus oil. I think anything with a really strong cent, because they have such amazing senses- their smell is crazy.. so anything that is strong for us, is a million times stronger for them.. and they HATE it
Yeah. i hate that smell too. /:
but at least it keeps them away.
ReplyQuote

8 31 Jul 2011
I was using eucalyptus oil on my boyfriends shoes- cos they REAKED, and i spilt it eveeeeeywhere, and cargo didn't come in my bedroom for hours..
ReplyQuote

9 31 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
I was using eucalyptus oil on my boyfriends shoes- cos they REAKED, and i spilt it eveeeeeywhere, and cargo didn't come in my bedroom for hours..
haaa! I dont like my dogs coming into my room. All they do is rip up my clothes, bed sheets. They have a serious problem with my stuff /:

i should do that my OWN shoes. Keep them from chewing them.
ReplyQuote

10 31 Jul 2011
Heh it'd probably work actually happy
Cargo doesnt rip up clothes.. But he does like shoes.. So i gotta make sure they're away happy at the moment, he's found it enjoyable to SOMEHOW get the batteries out of remotes, and chew them.. That, i dont like
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au