Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Trouble with my dog

Jumping on the bench

11 - 20 of 36 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
11 31 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
Heh it'd probably work actually happy
Cargo doesnt rip up clothes.. But he does like shoes.. So i gotta make sure they're away happy at the moment, he's found it enjoyable to SOMEHOW get the batteries out of remotes, and chew them.. That, i dont like
;o oh no. He better get out of the habit of chewing batteries! My dogs used to do that, scary.

They only chews, my shoes, bed sheets, clothes, //etc.

ONLY MINE. no one elses. & seriously, im the one who feeds, bathes, walks, brushes them. My parents say " You begged for them, and you said you will take care of them. " So, i do everything. /:

but it is worth it. I love my two lovely dogs! happy
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
12 31 Jul 2011
Haha, maybe they just like the smell of you? They might see it as a sign of affection. Because to a dog, whoever feeds them- is the one person that matters haha. If you feed them when they're pups, they'll know who is their owner happy cargo knows im mama cos i do everything for him haha
ReplyQuote

13 31 Jul 2011
rottweiler said:
Haha, maybe they just like the smell of you? They might see it as a sign of affection. Because to a dog, whoever feeds them- is the one person that matters haha. If you feed them when they're pups, they'll know who is their owner happy cargo knows im mama cos i do everything for him haha
Your probably right. If they are thankful for me, feeding, walking, and brushing them. They do have a funny way of showing it!
They once ripped up my new clothes sad like seriously. But i still love them to death!!!
ReplyQuote

14 31 Jul 2011
Haha yeah, cargo loves shoes. and pencils. and anything he can get his hands on. im a clean freak so there's nothing accessible he can tear up, it helps cos i have a walk in wardrobe so everything can be put away easily.. haha my older sister has EXTREMELY expensive taste in clothes/ shoes. and she stayed with us for a few weeks while her house was getting finished built, and she had 2 pairs of shoes on the floor in the lounge, one pair was 300 dollars, and one was 600! and he chewed them JUST ENOUGH to make them un-wearable.. and then stopped. he didn't tear them to shreds, he just did it enough so they had to be thrown out. I say it serves her right for spending so much on a pair of shoes happy
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
15 31 Jul 2011
Thats a great thought, i will pick up some eucalyptus oil next time i'm at the shop. Thanks!!!!!
Do you give your dogs the kong? Cinco has just started getting into it, we give it to her in the morning and sometimes we stuff so much in there that she cant get it out and she grumbles in frustration. so cute! She has never destroyed anything of mine, but she likes to sit on my clothes after I take them off haha and she refuses to sleep in her own bed!
Its great the different personalities they have
ReplyQuote

16 31 Jul 2011
Yeah, they're awesome: ) haha what you just said about your dog sitting on your clothes actually reminds me of cargo. Only an hour or so ago, i cut my boyfriends hair so he put his shirt on my bed, and when he went to put it back on he 'forgot' where he put it,  but it was hiding underneath cargomel : ) it was all warm hahah
hope it works for you!
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
17 1 Aug 2011
katherooni said:
I have a 2 and a half yr old cavalier x spaniel, very small but she can JUMP! she gets on on the kitchen bench when we are at work, its awful, she breaks all the dishes and eats any food that may be left out (we always try to clean up before we leave but....you know how it is).
Worst of all her hair is everywhere on the bench and her footprints are everywhere! I love her to death but I do think its a bit gross.
She only ever does it when we're out, never once seen her do it so i cant tell her off!
Does anyone have any ideas to stop her from doing this? I've searched the net but cant really find anything
put her in another room, or outside when you go to work. Perhaps set up a play pen for her outside. Usually if dogs are playing up when you're gone, it's because they are BORED. Either way you need to find things to keep her occupied and less likely have the urge to do naughty things while you are out. Perhaps a tasty artificial bone, or a new toy to chew on? A kong filled with her favourite treats? Something along those lines. If you try this in the same room, and she still jumps up on the bench, you're just going to have to put her in another area. Goodluck! peace
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
18 1 Aug 2011
rottweiler said:
Haha yeah, cargo loves shoes. and pencils. and anything he can get his hands on. im a clean freak so there's nothing accessible he can tear up, it helps cos i have a walk in wardrobe so everything can be put away easily.. haha my older sister has EXTREMELY expensive taste in clothes/ shoes. and she stayed with us for a few weeks while her house was getting finished built, and she had 2 pairs of shoes on the floor in the lounge, one pair was 300 dollars, and one was 600! and he chewed them JUST ENOUGH to make them un-wearable.. and then stopped. he didn't tear them to shreds, he just did it enough so they had to be thrown out. I say it serves her right for spending so much on a pair of shoes happy
I went to see some of my friends and family in Canada last year, and one of my friends had a Bernese Mountain Dog puppy. He was the cutest thing. We were all in this room, when he disappeared, and came back with the mu's bra in his mouth! It was hilarious!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
19 1 Aug 2011
4_da_animals1 said:
katherooni said:
I have a 2 and a half yr old cavalier x spaniel, very small but she can JUMP! she gets on on the kitchen bench when we are at work, its awful, she breaks all the dishes and eats any food that may be left out (we always try to clean up before we leave but....you know how it is).
Worst of all her hair is everywhere on the bench and her footprints are everywhere! I love her to death but I do think its a bit gross.
She only ever does it when we're out, never once seen her do it so i cant tell her off!
Does anyone have any ideas to stop her from doing this? I've searched the net but cant really find anything
put her in another room, or outside when you go to work. Perhaps set up a play pen for her outside. Usually if dogs are playing up when you're gone, it's because they are BORED. Either way you need to find things to keep her occupied and less likely have the urge to do naughty things while you are out. Perhaps a tasty artificial bone, or a new toy to chew on? A kong filled with her favourite treats? Something along those lines. If you try this in the same room, and she still jumps up on the bench, you're just going to have to put her in another area. Goodluck! peace
Yep. You've gotta think "why is she jumping up on the bench?".

- Does she jump up on any other furniture, or is it just the bench?
- If not, are there food scraps? Food smells? Or do you give her food from the bench when she's watching? She may be looking for food.
- Is it boredom?
- Is there a window with a view? (cars, neighbours cat etc)

Some dogs hate pepper & citrus so you could try spraying the bench. Otherwise I'd put her outside or make/buy a pen.

Kongs are great. Smaller treats are better ie Vets Best as they fall out easier. You can also smear it with peanut butter or vegemite or use the Kong fillers.
ReplyQuote

20 1 Aug 2011
katherooni said:
Thats a great thought, i will pick up some eucalyptus oil next time i'm at the shop. Thanks!!!!!
Hopefully it works! Tell me if it works for your dog! happy
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au