Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan for 6 months, Decided to get blood test done, Vitamins....

And guess what????

1 - 10 of 26 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
1 2 Aug 2011
ALL PERFECT!!!!

According to most people I should be just about dead by now because '' you wont be healthy "
" you NEED to eat meat and dairy to get all the vitamins you need "   And so on....

I was so happy when the Dr told me the results.I said to her " Well now I hope every shuts up "      LOL (  about me being Vegan), I was vegetarian for 18 years before that and was always perfectly healthy..

I cant wait to tell everyone the results... LOL

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 2 Aug 2011
AWESOME! Good for you!!! I can't wait till I'm vegan (when I move out happy ) and then I get a blood test and show everyone the results. I also can't wait till I'm old enough to donate some healthy vego blood to people in need!
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
3 2 Aug 2011
thumb

I had a low iron problem... until I went veg.
My iron (and everything else) is at a very healthy level now.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
4 2 Aug 2011
cool you can probs donate some then =D

1 in 3 need it....1 in 30 donate sad

i have no idea what my levels would be but i feel fine.

you dont take supplemts do you? . i havnt .
ReplyQuote

5 2 Aug 2011
Thanks guys happy

I'm so glad that my levels are perfect, Just proves that being Vegan is good for you happy

I can't donate blood because I've had a tattoo recently, In the last 6 months.

Interesting thing I just found on the blood donating site.....

Abattoir Workers I have worked at or visited an abattoir? Am I eligible to donate?

Anyone who works at an abattoir (including administrative staff) is eligible to donate blood, however only the plasma portion of your donation is able to be used. This restriction applies while working at an abattoir and for a period of twelve months after ceasing work at an abattoir.

Please note that simply visiting an abattoir does not result in your donation being restricted.

I wonder why???
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
6 2 Aug 2011
Nice Kitty! happy

But....  not surprised. I think veg*ns get a bad rap, but if we eat healthy we won't be lacking in anything. And not to mention lowering chances of getting other diseases. Vegans rock!  dance
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
7 2 Aug 2011
why wouldn't they say that?

Not DOING SOMETHING. is right up everyones lazy ass alley. don't have to pay for meat.. don't have to cook meat, cut meat, prepair it .. keep it.. use it.. eat it.

People are allll soo farken lazy... if they find out they had no reason to do it... then they wouldn't .. probably just say it by default 'you won't be healthy otherwise why am I eating animals lol'
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
8 2 Aug 2011
Great news! I really should get a blood test to see if all my vitamin levels and everything are okay. Though I feel really good since being on a vegan diet, so hopefully they are happy

Out of curiosity do you take any vitamin tablets or anything like that?
ReplyQuote

9 2 Aug 2011
I did buy some multi vitamins when I became Vegan but I  have only take a few, They make me feel sick, They smell fishy even tho  they are suitable for vegans... They are HUGE and green... LOL

I just try and eat healthy, Some day I am bad, VERY bad... Haha. Like a whole box of oreos and a whole box of BBQ shapes in one day...
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
10 2 Aug 2011
KittyLover said:
I did buy some multi vitamins when I became Vegan but I  have only take a few, They make me feel sick, They smell fishy even tho  they are suitable for vegans... They are HUGE and green... LOL

I just try and eat healthy, Some day I am bad, VERY bad... Haha. Like a whole box of oreos and a whole box of BBQ shapes in one day...
Ah yes! Vitamins always seem to smell and taste gross. I have been vegan for around 7 months and haven't taken any supplements either. I do eat fortified foods most days and drink soy milk everyday though (I am mainly worried about not getting enough B12).

Haha I love oreos and am so glad that they are vegan...but when I nearly eat a whole packet I kind of wish that they weren't lol.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au