Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Salad Bar

1 - 10 of 10 posts

IGIRL IGIRL WA Posts: 35
1 3 Aug 2011
Went to a local bistro/bar for lunch yesterday and as there was only 1 vegetarian meal on the menu I thought I would just get the salad bar... so I go look at it first before deciding on it... there was about 12 salads and only about 2 or 3 were suitable for vegans (pretty much lettuce and a tomato and olive mix) and 3 or 4 for vegetarians... they had 2 rice salads, BOTH with bacon in them and the one pasta salad that I thought looked meat and dairy free had PORK BELLY in it!!  I thought salads are supposed to be made up of vegetables or fruits, why do salads always contain meat now!! The idea of having a salad bar is to have a serving of vegetables/fruit with your main meal, which is usually a huge chunk of meat... so in the end I just got the bruschetta, wasn't that great either.
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
2 3 Aug 2011
Annoying huh!!! There are SO many great salad options they could be using as well!!!

Omitting the meaty bits would keep it cheaper and fresher, geez.

I'd love to see a big salad bar with lots of lettuce types.. shredded veggies... bean mixes... corn..  different dressings seperate... some cold pasta..rice.. fruit salad...potatos / skins... mmmmmmmmm mmmm and that's just my idea of good salad, there are so much more they could have.

Fresh and healthy!
ReplyQuote

ShadowDoubt ShadowDoubt QLD Posts: 753
3 3 Aug 2011
One of the many reasons I want to be a vego chef... Because no-one would have to worry about meat or dairy in my restaurant happy
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
4 3 Aug 2011
Can you tell me where this was, so I can avoid the place?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
5 3 Aug 2011
I hate that. Did you know, we were cooking queshes (can't spell tongue ) and this lady came in and asked what we were doing, and I told her, then she said 'Are you putting any bacon?"

"No"

"Any meat?!"

"No, I'm a vegetarian"

"Arhhhh…oh well"

WTFood?
ReplyQuote

IGIRL IGIRL WA Posts: 35
6 3 Aug 2011
Emilia said:
Can you tell me where this was, so I can avoid the place?
It's in Baldivis, The Chase
ReplyQuote

7 3 Aug 2011
Okie dokie! Thanks.
ReplyQuote

mandyATTHEDISCO mandyATTHEDISCO WA Posts: 29
8 3 Aug 2011
For my nanna's bday we went to some fancy resturaunt where there is a salad bar. Everything had meat. Even the plain salads that were made up already. The only thing i could eat were the individual sliced tomato, lettuce, etc. ANd it's uber expensive so my mum asked to see a menu and there weren't any vego options so I had to get something made up special. It saddens me that it is impossible for a regular person to go with out meat... It has to be a special thing, as if avoiding meat is an oddity. /sigh.
ReplyQuote

9 3 Aug 2011
Could I too know the name of this place?
ReplyQuote

mandyATTHEDISCO mandyATTHEDISCO WA Posts: 29
10 3 Aug 2011
Sheraton Hotel.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au