Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Monkids

Monkeys as pets

1 - 10 of 10 posts

IGIRL IGIRL WA Posts: 35
1 7 Aug 2011
Just watched a show on foxtel called "Monkids", it's about having monkeys as a 'child' and not so much as a pet. These people (in USA) can buy monkeys and have them as pets but they see it as having another child...

anyway, this lady was buying one from a breeder and she asked the breeder if she felt guilty about taking it's newborn baby away from it (they take them away within 3 days) and the breeder had a big smile on her face, no guilt whatsoever and said 'no, I don't feel guilty cos after about 3 days the monkeys are pretty much over it'... I really doubt it lady!! I don't think I'd be 'over it' after just having my newborn baby taken away from me!! Then she said that she's had female monkeys there for around 19 years and whenever they see her come with a net, they pretty much drop their babies in front of them for her to take and then she laughed!! They both did!!

I then yelled at the TV (as we do) all sorts of nasty things.

I just couldn't believe that she had no guilt about what she was doing and that she found it funny that these monkeys are so used to their babies being taken away from them!!

Just another thing I detest about people...  

furious    monkey
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
2 7 Aug 2011
I hate America and all those places, because you can keep almost anything you want as long as you have the money. There is this place in Canada where I went to, this wildlife sanctuary, and they has an African Lion! They said they had her because a circus let their pride of lions breed, and then got rid of the cubs. An 18 year old girl bought a cub, and after a couple of months, decided she didn't want it anymore and the sanctuary got hold of her. It was really sad.

And that is horrible about the monkeys sad I feel so bad for them sad Is there a thing against that kind of thing that we can join?
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
3 7 Aug 2011
In America??!?!?!?! Oh my god. That is horrible!
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
4 7 Aug 2011
D':
ReplyQuote

rottweiler rottweiler SA Posts: 1907
5 7 Aug 2011
People make me maaaddddd
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
6 7 Aug 2011
We need a stand against this. This needs to get off the air!
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
7 7 Aug 2011
totally agreed!
ReplyQuote

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
8 7 Aug 2011
I've seen it, And while I LOVE monkey's and always say I want one as a baby, There is no way in Hell I would.. It's sick. And I think the people who buy the monkey's have some underlying issues.

I don't really remember what went on but I remember crying for those poor babies sad
ReplyQuote

AliceinWhorrorland AliceinWhorrorland VIC Posts: 95
9 10 Aug 2011
I saw a show about it, it's sick, they acctually think that they are like kids, they don't pay attention to what the monkey wants, they were putting makeup on it and it was trying to get away and they were saying to the camera, "oh she loves it" it was shocking, America will do anything, my mum was talking about a camera in a coffin so that people can see their relatives and friends rot, it was called "See me rot" disgusting. Only in America rolleyes scared monkey
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
10 10 Aug 2011
Meghan! said:
I saw a show about it, it's sick, they acctually think that they are like kids, they don't pay attention to what the monkey wants, they were putting makeup on it and it was trying to get away and they were saying to the camera, "oh she loves it" it was shocking, America will do anything, my mum was talking about a camera in a coffin so that people can see their relatives and friends rot, it was called "See me rot" disgusting. Only in America rolleyes scared monkey
...ugh. That's horrid, all of it.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au