Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Poor sheep stuck on a broken down ship.

1 - 10 of 10 posts

KittyLover KittyLover VIC Posts: 281
1 17 Aug 2011
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8286505

I am hoping the politions will read this and finally agree that this trade is cruel and the bill to ban live export will be passed tomorrow.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
2 17 Aug 2011
I heard about that on the news sad.

I hear a lot of people who are for live export saying "if we get the killing standards overseas to the same level as Australia then there is no problem" but what they seem to be forgetting is that the animals have to spend weeks on the ships, and many of them become ill and die before they even reach their destination.
It's just plain wrong...I hope it's banned immediately!
ReplyQuote

3 17 Aug 2011
I just read the rest of the article....the sheep are to spend a month on the ship into a Middle Eastern Summer! That is beyond cruel.
ReplyQuote

4_da_animals1 4_da_animals1 SA Posts: 3293
4 17 Aug 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
I heard about that on the news sad.

I hear a lot of people who are for live export saying "if we get the killing standards overseas to the same level as Australia then there is no problem" but what they seem to be forgetting is that the animals have to spend weeks on the ships, and many of them become ill and die before they even reach their destination.
It's just plain wrong...I hope it's banned immediately!
halal abbotoirs in australia don't stun the animals they kill. Some workers fessed up. Australia is hypocritical in that sense, so that is a pretty crap idea!
http://www.abc.net.au/am/content/2011/s3247274.htm
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 17 Aug 2011
yes this story. saw it on telly - pi$$ed me right off .

just hearing that number 67,000 SHEEP im still like just praying and hoping theyll be Ok but some people are nasty

they said  'they might be facing a month waiting to the ship is ready to go AND we'll unload them if they have to wait to much longer"

WHAT theyve been waiting like a week already =(

man.... the world is mucked
ReplyQuote

6 17 Aug 2011
They claim all the sheep on board are fine...but they won't even let the RSPCA onto the ship to have a look. SO that means they obviously have something to hide...
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
7 17 Aug 2011
There was a rally at the dock today in adelaide. But i missed it by a few minutes. The ship is huge and it doesnt look like there are many windows. very sad
ReplyQuote

Bee Bee SA Posts: 58
8 17 Aug 2011
THIS IS TERRIBLE! I was so sad I didnt see the email in time to protest because I would have been down there right away!!! PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLE! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS!
Can anyone update me on what happened today and what IS happening to get these poor sheep of these boats. furious sad
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
9 17 Aug 2011
Bee said:
THIS IS TERRIBLE! I was so sad I didnt see the email in time to protest because I would have been down there right away!!! PEOPLE ARE TERRIBLE! HOW CAN THEY DO THIS!
Can anyone update me on what happened today and what IS happening to get these poor sheep of these boats. furious sad
As far as i know, they are coming off. Either to wait for the ship to be fixed, or they will go to our abbatoirs
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
10 18 Aug 2011
It will never be good enough but all we can do is to make things better bit by bit and hope one day we get there...
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au