Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

so are pitbulls bad or is it the owners?

1 - 10 of 70 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  

cora-jane cora-jane VIC Posts: 13
1 19 Aug 2011
we have all heard of the attacks kids and owners, but whos fault is it really  confused
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
2 19 Aug 2011
Owners.
ReplyQuote

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
3 19 Aug 2011
owners

Should these animals be put down if they are involved in an attack?
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
4 19 Aug 2011
Owner's fault.

If anyone's ever been around a Pit or Staffy who has a good owner, they'd know they're in only in danger of being licked to death.
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
5 19 Aug 2011
It wasnt a pitbull. It was a mastiff cross pit bull. Or it might not have been pit bull at all, maybe some staffy.

I think big dogs with large muscle mass need to be specially looked after,.
Pit bulls are very strong and were bred to kill. Therefore there needs to be very tight restrictions and owners need to watch for any signs of aggression. This goes for all dogs but particularly very strong dogs that can rip you apart in seconds.
To say that they should be illegal is genocide. They are a unique and wonderful breed and have great personalities.

BTW St Albans is a cesspool of welfare bludgers and criminals. I live near there and often there will be a rape or violent assault and the media wont even mention it. This dog didnt know right from wrong, yet the media reports it as if this is ALL the dogs fault.
Who is the owner? put his photo up, condemn him.
plus start reporting all the other crimes committed by the welfare losers from St Albans,
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
6 19 Aug 2011
drewisdead said:
Should these animals be put down if they are involved in an attack?
I think that after an attack both the owner and the dog should be assessed.
If the dog is proven to be aggressive and nobody with experience with aggressive dogs is willing to re-home it, then the only option would probably be to put it down (sad I know).
If the owner is to blame for the dogs aggressiveness (which in most cases they are) then they should receive a fine and be banned from owning any potentially harmful breeds of dogs. Or if they do want to own a larger breed of dog again, then they should have to go through a mandatory training course with the dog.
ReplyQuote

AllyCat AllyCat SA Posts: 497
7 19 Aug 2011
OWNER.
ReplyQuote

Andrewxxx Andrewxxx VIC Posts: 272
8 19 Aug 2011
"This breed of dogs license to exist in this state has expired"

I'm paraphrasing but it was some combination of those words. That's what our state environment minister had to say yesterday. A bread of dog bred by humans to be extremely strong and then treated by humans in a way that makes them extremely aggressive is meant to have a moral compass? It's ridiculous. This was an unregistered dog which hadn't been desexed and the neighbours said they'd never seen it out walking, only heard it barking. It's blindingly obvious these people were bad pet owners.

I can see a big wave of populism against any breed of dog that's capable of any kind of injury now though.  There's a vegan punk band called poison planet who wrote a song about pit bulls in America and the last line is "Who will be the scapegoat when this one is gone?"
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
9 19 Aug 2011
It is the owners fault.

Pit bulls aren't an 'aggressive' breed, they are a 'powerful' breed. Thus, if a pit bull was made aggressive, he would be much more dangerous then, lets say, a poodle.

Pit bulls were bred not to feel pain, and they have such strong jaw muscles that when they bite, they won't let go. Unlike a shepherd which will bite, let go, bite, let go, bite.

Dogs aren't born aggressive, they are MADE aggressive.

Whats your opinion Cor?
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
10 19 Aug 2011
Why are Pit bills banned, but American Staffys (who were bred for the same thing, and look almost the same) not? Just wondering :S
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ]  [ 6 ]  [ 7 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au