Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Goodbye Missy

My baby passed away

1 - 10 of 20 posts   1 | 2  

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
1 28 Aug 2011
Some of you may know that my dog Missy had a heart condition. On Friday night, she passed away suddenly. She is my first long term companion, besides a few fish I had when I was a kid, and her death is affecting me terribly.

I was with her when she died. I tried to perform CPR on her. I decided to learn how to do it for dogs, just in case. I couldn't bring her back. That has gotten to me a lot.

The most sad thing is, it was her birthday. She died on her birthday. She had turned 10. I had told my boyfriend that I was afraid she wasn't going to make that milestone, and she just made it.

I got over it all in my head. Everything I wish I could have done to make her feel comfortable. I didn't know she was going to die, but because of her heart, she found it hard to lay down. I wish I could have done so much more for her. It is killing me I didn't.

This is her here, a few months before.
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/314824_148040591951063_100002353704169_256666_8307593_n.jpg

I don't know what to do. I am just so sad.
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
2 28 Aug 2011
Missy is beautiful Emilia. I'm sure you gave her a wonderful and happy life and that's all she would have ever wanted. Sorry for your loss. *hugs*
ReplyQuote

Aimee Aimee VIC Posts: 957
3 28 Aug 2011
Oh what a beautiful girl!
I know it hurts, but you just have to know you did everything you could, and it was just her time. She lived a long life and must have been very happy because you loved her so much. Think about the good times and what her personality was like and how you lit up each others lives. Her best friend was with her when she passed, and that's a gift.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 29 Aug 2011
Naw, she was a beautiful dog! I don't think there was anything you could've done, it just must've been her time.

Big hugs from me love
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
5 29 Aug 2011
what a beautiful girl, you tryed everything you could, but it must of been her time to go. all i can suggest is to not be sad, but be happy that you got to spend 10 wonderful years with Missy happy

just remember all the good memories you shared with her. thats how i cope when i loss one of my babys, i hoped that helped happy * hugs *
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
6 29 Aug 2011
She's beautiful. I'm sure you did everything that could be done, and I'm sure that you gave her a wonderful life.  love
ReplyQuote

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
7 29 Aug 2011
That is so sad, I know how you feel. sad
She must of been very lucky to have you as an owner. love
ReplyQuote

SheSang SheSang QLD Posts: 17
8 29 Aug 2011
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. I've been there, done that and each time had been just as horrible as the last.
Get support from those you know will help you get through these tough times.
I know it was reassuring for me just knowing that I gave all my and spoilt-rotten companions a long & happy life and I know they loved me for it.
I also know how traumatic CPR can be when performed properly but you did all you could and Im sure Missy (wherever she is now) knows this happy
ReplyQuote

Emilia Emilia WA Posts: 285
9 29 Aug 2011
Thank you guys. It means a lot. It is just happened at the worst time. Uni tests starting this week. My mind is a mile away.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
10 29 Aug 2011
that is a beautiful picture of you too ! cant imagine how you feel right now.....i often watch my dogs and wonder how i am ever going to accept it when they go . =(

try and be strong for her. she loved you just as much as you loved her and would be happy. my dog can always sense when im sad and it upsets her.

i know thats no consolation . good luck with everything. we are thinking of you !!!
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au