Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

has decided to go vegetarian =3

hope it isnt too hard!

1 - 10 of 32 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

kikumeri kikumeri SA Posts: 46
1 4 Sep 2011
No more icky meat, I feel bad wen I buy it, cook it and even worst wen I eat it!
I also will stay away from, milk, eggs, gelatin and other icky stuff

But it may be easier to go vegetarian, and then to vegan

Any tips or guides? And whats ur story about going veg/vegan?
ReplyQuote

Cailyn Cailyn QLD Posts: 167
2 4 Sep 2011
for me i didnt even really relise ? i just ate what i normally ate , just a much non meat , healthier , yummier version happy .. no stress needed love
ReplyQuote

Tanyaka Tanyaka VIC Posts: 1219
3 5 Sep 2011
Yea, for me.. I went vegetarian and instead of pleadging vegan.. I just avoided cheese and egg and swapped my milk for soymilk. Less pressure, especially when it's all new to you!!!

So I wouldn't buy an egg and cheese sandwhich but I would buy a vegetarian pasty without stressed if the pastry was vegan or not.

It depends on the individual though, you may enjoy jumping right in. Just don't overwhelm yourself. happy

I was strict at home.. would check ingredient list at the supermarket, and then just eased up when I was out with friends and stuff, going for the most vegan options but not stressing about it.

Good on you for the move though!!! I really don't remember what I ate at first.. I know I just eat a whole lot of veggies inplace of meat though and I enjoy new ingredients such as lentils and chickpeas and lots of beans!! happy

But I think looking up veggo recipes and trying new things is part of the fun. Enjoy it ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Ferret Ferret NSW Posts: 203
4 5 Sep 2011
Congragulations~ Please do your very best! ^ __ ^ love

If you need any assistance please message me teehee~ c:
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
5 5 Sep 2011
Congrats for going veg!  clap

Going vegetarian is really easy. Veganism is a little tricky at first. It's a good idea to slowly ease into it, and don't be too hard on yourself.
Some good recipe sites may help you out. I recommend:
http://vegandad.blogspot.com/
http://thecompassionatecook.blogspot.com/
http://vegweb.com/

I went vegetarian in July 2010 and slowly became vegan. I still make the occasional mistakes, but I do my best.
happy
ReplyQuote

DaveQB DaveQB NSW Posts: 287
6 5 Sep 2011
Well done!!  clap
ReplyQuote

Jesse Jesse VIC Posts: 1117
7 5 Sep 2011
Unleashed Admin
Congrats!
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
8 5 Sep 2011
Congrats for making the switch! thumb

I was vegetarian for 12 years then found out about dairy/factory farming. I immediately switched to soy milk/marg/icecream and cut out gelatine & rennet. I also started buying cruelty free cosmetics and cleaning products. I still ate rennet free cheese for a couple of months (I was a cheese addict!), then stopped entirely as it made me feel guilty eating it.

Definately check out the "accidently vegan"thread. http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=24

If you haven't already buy some veg cookbooks and start experimenting! If you love mock meats, try Fry's, Lamyong, Blue Lotus or Sanitarium.
ReplyQuote

kikumeri kikumeri SA Posts: 46
9 5 Sep 2011
Okay, so I had tonnes of fun shopping today, everything was animal free apart from the cheese! Im also a cheese addict! Lol and there wasnt any soy cheese available =(

Lots of beans, tofu sausages, veg chips, veggies, fruit, nuts and sorbet nomnom =3
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
10 5 Sep 2011
kikumeri said:
Okay, so I had tonnes of fun shopping today, everything was animal free apart from the cheese! Im also a cheese addict! Lol and there wasnt any soy cheese available =(

Lots of beans, tofu sausages, veg chips, veggies, fruit, nuts and sorbet nomnom =3
I'd highly recommend fry's brand faux meat items if you feel the need for "transition" foods. Quorn's products are amazing but they have egg in them sad They're available in woolworths and coles. Congratulations for making the switch too  beaverhug dance
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au