Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Roo Culling…

why why WHY?

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
1 7 Sep 2011
So why do we kill roos? Why are roos over populated?! Why do we kill them when we are the ones over populating the country?

:S
ReplyQuote

Cassie3 Cassie3 QLD Posts: 115
2 7 Sep 2011
The simple fact of the matter is that there would never have been the number of roos if it weren't for the white man.  We provided so many more watering points for them.  The roo population is totally out of control.  We live on a 27000 hectare property and there are literally thousands of roos on this place.  Very few people would want to see the total distruction of the kangaroo.  There is no more magnificent sight than a big old man roo but sadly he is the target of the roo shooting industry thus we are overrun with these little half grown bucks. White man has a lot to answer for.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
3 7 Sep 2011
Cassie3 said:
The simple fact of the matter is that there would never have been the number of roos if it weren't for the white man.  We provided so many more watering points for them.  The roo population is totally out of control.  We live on a 27000 hectare property and there are literally thousands of roos on this place.  Very few people would want to see the total distruction of the kangaroo.  There is no more magnificent sight than a big old man roo but sadly he is the target of the roo shooting industry thus we are overrun with these little half grown bucks. White man has a lot to answer for.
That's interesting. I had wondered how/why the kangaroo population had gotten out of control.
Typical, another human screw-up.
ReplyQuote

Cassie3 Cassie3 QLD Posts: 115
4 7 Sep 2011
Yep agree absolutely.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
5 8 Sep 2011
Grrrr, damn homans. sad So what do kangeroos actually do? Eat all the food or something? Or are they just like a whole bunch of people in a city… taking up space?
ReplyQuote

Tarzi Tarzi VIC Posts: 222
6 8 Sep 2011
Mabey they should make a kangaroo wildlife park, but a HUGE one happy
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
7 8 Sep 2011
we have 5 roo's that run on our 300 acars - there so cute - 3 females and 2 babys. i drive down to the paddock and forest where they hang out and give them a little treat :3
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
8 8 Sep 2011
yeah, right on .
The feeding i mean, not the culling.

As ive mentioned before somewhere - We use to have tonnes of wallabies on our bush property when i was a kid. They'd come for a feed everynight but would only let dad do it. we had to stay at the house watching :/ ha.

they were amazing. =D

just randomly we had a pet pigeon too . it was my brothers . it just use to fly around the property. i think evil birds got him in the end :/
ReplyQuote

centaspike centaspike ACT Posts: 7
9 19 Sep 2011
Funny how they can say they gotta cull Roos... but no one has the balls to say "Why dont we cull all the idiotic humans that just consume and waste away??"

Seriously... this human virus is getting well out of control.. Just look at NYC - you see the mass tumour growths the humans have built.. these things they call sky scrappers!? nothing but toxic tumours
ReplyQuote

Nathan Nathan VIC Posts: 148
10 20 Sep 2011
Simple. Greed! They can make money from it and that's exactly what they do. Then try to say it's done for "environmental" reasons.
It amazes me how many people care so deeply for things like stopping whaling, but don't give a second thought to what we do to our kangaroos. Very sad, imo.

If you want to know all the truths and myths, visit the Australian Wildlife Protection Council site: http://www.awpc.org.au/index.php?crm=1&australian_wildlife_protection_council=1

Also the book Kangaroos: Myths and Realities is a great read: http://www.awpc.org.au/awpc.php?australian_wildlife_protection_council=18&crm=1

I have 25 of these books which I am selling for the AWPC and all proceeds will go to them. So if you would like one, let me know happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au