Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Notzarella!

Vegan cheese nomnom

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

Kirsttt Kirsttt NSW Posts: 43
1 19 Sep 2011
I noticed in one of the vegan cheese threads the other day a mention of notzarella cheese. Naturally i jumped on the website and started drooling at the extra-melty goodness of this new australian brand!
I just ordered some, so it should arrive tomorrow or wednesday apparently. Has anybody else tried notzarella cheese?
http://notzarella.com.au/
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
2 19 Sep 2011
I have, it's money well spent happy
ReplyQuote

3 19 Sep 2011
so excited to try it. I have been trying to ease into veganism over the past few months. about three months ago i tried but after about 2 weeks i caved and had sour cream... i overwhelmed myself with cutting it all out at once and reading labels without fully understanding. now after months of research i think i'm finally ready to try again! i've been writing out the list of animal ingredients from my android app today to make it easier to navigate while i shop so hopefully that helps. having this cheese will hopefully make the transition easier because the tofutti slices i had last time were horrible!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
4 19 Sep 2011
Yeah it's really good! I personally didn't like the taste of it uncooked, but cooked it tastes amazing! I have put it on pizza and in pasta and it melts just like dairy cheese!

You should buy Tofutti sour cream! You can buy it from some health foods shops or from online vegan stores. It's yum =)
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
5 19 Sep 2011
I second the tofutti sour cream suggestion, I can not tell the difference between it and dairy sour cream, same with Tofutti cream cheese, but alas my local woollies seems to have stopped stocking Tofutti, wahhhhhh! Also I reckon the trick with Tofutti slices is to have them heated - cold they are awful.

I knew cheese was on the addictive foods list but I only just learnt today that it has naturally occurring morphine in it! Hows that? Apparently human milk does too, to ensure a good bond between baby and mother. But yeah, no wonder it's so tough to give up hey!!
ReplyQuote

6 19 Sep 2011
I learnt that today too! did you watch gary yourofsky's lecture on youtube? Haha how funny =]

yes i actually saw the tofutti sour cream in my organic store today but was hesitant to buy it due to the slice experience (in hindsight, i did at one point add the slices to a pie i made and it did taste ok, i think just the smell of it cold really turned me off). I will definitely check out that sour cream next time i'm having burritos =]
ReplyQuote

VeganEra VeganEra QLD Posts: 202
7 20 Sep 2011
How great is this, GO NOTZARELLA!!!!
ReplyQuote

Ashlyn Ashlyn WA Posts: 104
8 20 Sep 2011
Yay,thanks for posting this,i  have just ordered some =]
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
9 20 Sep 2011
Notzarella= awesome! Need more!!!!!
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
10 21 Sep 2011
Ι have vegan parmezano... it is like... flour... hehe umm andd... well basically it doesn't taste much alike anything singular... but it is nice to sprinkle soomeething on my pasta.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au