Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Placentophagy

Eating the placenta...

1 - 8 of 8 posts

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
1 20 Sep 2011
What are your thoughts on human mothers eating the placenta after giving birth? Could you do it? Would you do it?

I've heard of people freezing it and eating small pieces daily, or making it into meals for the family, or freeze drying it and making capsules out of it. Supposedly it's very healthy for you and  can help ward of post natal depression.

I think it's natural even for herbivores, so all good... BUT it's meat and I just would not be able to get it past my lips.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
2 20 Sep 2011
There was a discussion on this subject not too long ago:
http://www.unleashed.org.au/community/forum/topic.php?t=5428&

happy
ReplyQuote

Clud Clud VIC Posts: 1559
3 20 Sep 2011
I think if they want to eat their own, or if they have permision from the person it came from then its okay. It is completly gross, but its not hurting anyone.
ReplyQuote

NelliScarlet NelliScarlet VIC Posts: 64
4 21 Sep 2011
I'm yet to witness an animal that gives birth that doesn't eat their own placenta- it's natural instinct, but I guess humans are trained out of many natural instincts.

Would I eat my own placenta personally- HELL NO! tongue
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
5 21 Sep 2011
its normal to consume it but personally i find it gross tongue i couldnt do it
ReplyQuote

Cheryl2 Cheryl2 WA Posts: 22
6 21 Sep 2011
I think animals probably eat it to stop preditors from smelling the new birth. It may also give the mother the iron she needs, Humans don't have a need for either of these two reasons. I have had three children and I could not have done it Yaky
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
7 21 Sep 2011
OK well for me i woulnt even be tinking about it being MEAT because its not some dead animal but i am squimish and i dont put anything gooey , eggs included, near these babies .

CHOMP
ReplyQuote

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
8 21 Sep 2011
If I had a placenta I think my wife would be worried...

(and no)
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au