Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Best non-dairy spread?

What do you use?

11 - 20 of 26 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Ashley2 Ashley2 VIC Posts: 9
11 22 Sep 2011
hey everyone!
i love the taste of nuttelex, but last year at the World Vegan Day in Melbourne there was a stall saying to boycott Nuttelex as it has Palm oil in it!
so i have steered clear, but it is so tasty! and i love toast sad

i may look back into it, perhaps they have made a change? or this is old news and they have changed and in that case ignore my post haha

i hate it when a spread looks like it could be ok e.g. olive grove (olive oil right?) but it has dairy....what's the point, they might as well make butter!

and i will try the other suggestions and maybe toast can be apart of my life once more confused
ReplyQuote

ckimana ckimana NSW Posts: 2545
12 22 Sep 2011
I use avocado or tahini on sandwiches.

And Nuttlex lite for cooking or Nuttlex Olive for garlic breads.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
13 22 Sep 2011
I forgot...Melrose is also vegan! You can buy it from most health food shops.
It does taste completely different to nuttelex, I personally can't stand the stuff, but my boyfriend absolutely loves it haha.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
14 22 Sep 2011
Ashley2 said:
hey everyone!
i love the taste of nuttelex, but last year at the World Vegan Day in Melbourne there was a stall saying to boycott Nuttelex as it has Palm oil in it!
Nuttelex does contain a percentage of palm oil, I emailed them about it and they did say it was from sustainable sources so I have continued to buy it.
Though if you still wish to avoid it you can try Melrose which you can buy from most health food shops.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
15 22 Sep 2011
Ashley2 said:
Hmm... I haven't heard about that. It doesn't have palm oil in the ingredients list... unless that's what the 'vegetable oil' is.
http://www.nuttelex.com.au/nuttelex-original/
ashamed

EDIT: I just read the post above from Abbiesaurus.  tongue
Thank you!
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
16 22 Sep 2011
yep to update what someone said - the Tablelands one is good because it doesnt have that strong taste that some people dont like about nuttelex. and compared to Nuttelex at $3.30 at my coles Table lands dairy free is $1.79 =D both 500gm too
ReplyQuote

*** *** WA Posts: 36
17 2 Sep 2015
Unfortunately TABLELAND DAIRY FREE SPREAD contains vitamin D derived from wool, so is not vegan.  http://www.tablelandsspreads.com.au/health-facts

There are a couple new ones available in supermarkets that are vegan ~ Sunburst and one from IGA made on the east coast called Butter Me Up happy
http://halfpintvegandairy.com.au/halfpint-vegan-dairy/buttermeup/
ReplyQuote

HarvestMoon HarvestMoon NSW Posts: 23
19 4 Sep 2015
Beemo said:
Ashley2 said:
hey everyone!
Nuttelex does contain a percentage of palm oil, I emailed them about it and they did say it was from sustainable sources so I have continued to buy it.
Though if you still wish to avoid it you can try Melrose which you can buy from most health food shops.
Nuttlex has a coconut oil spread now that contains no palm oil, and Harris Farm also sell a coconut spread if you have one close by? I'm not a fan of coconut so haven't tried them myself but may be an option for some?
ReplyQuote

jadehiggins23 jadehiggins23 VIC Posts: 16
20 15 Sep 2015
rice bran spread is pretty nice happy
ReplyQuote

[ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au