Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Best non-dairy spread?

What do you use?

21 - 26 of 26 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Jessica43 Jessica43 QLD Posts: 1
21 8 Aug 2016
They released a new one that uses coconut oil instead of Palm oil. Coconut as we all know is very vegan and has heaps of antioxidants. happy
ReplyQuote

christina18 christina18 NSW Posts: 1
22 9 May 2018
Someone posted that coconut oil spread has palm oil in it. Today I bought Nuttelex coconut spread, which is palm oil free, and 5cents from every purchase goes to buy, restore and replenish forests in Borneo. I'm hoping it's not hydrogenated like other margarines are. Does anyone know?
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
23 9 May 2018
http://nuttelex.com/product/nuttelex-coconut-oil/#nutritional-table
Ingredients - Vegetable oil (containing 18% coconut oil), water, coconut oil , salt, emulsifiers [non-palm] 471 sunflower lecithin, natural flavour, vitamin D, E, natural flavour (beta carotene).

Seems to be, but I've e-mailed them to check.
ReplyQuote

Nuffy Nuffy Australia Posts: 2
24 10 May 2018
What about My Life Bio Buttery Spread 300g it's lovely...
ReplyQuote

robert99 robert99 Sweden Posts: 1360
25 11 May 2018
robert99 said:
http://nuttelex.com/product/nuttelex-coconut-oil/#nutritional-table
Ingredients - Vegetable oil (containing 18% coconut oil), water, coconut oil , salt, emulsifiers [non-palm] 471 sunflower lecithin, natural flavour, vitamin D, E, natural flavour (beta carotene).

Seems to be, but I've e-mailed them to check.
Got this reply from Nuttelex
"Each Nuttelex variant uses a different combination of GM free vegetable oils. However, regardless of the combination of oils used in any one Nuttelex spread, all our spreads are virtually free of trans fats and the great majority of the oils that we use are not hydrogenated.

To manufacture our product the pure vegetable seed oils are warmed to around 40 degrees Celsius, then mixed together with brine (a water and salt mixture) and a very small amount of vitamins, flavour and emulsifier made from vegetable oil. The total mixture is then rapidly cooled and packed into the tubs that you buy at the supermarket.

Only a small part of the oil we use in our spreads is hydrogenated (and it is fully hydrogenated - it is the partially hydrogenated oils that result in trans fats) and this gives our products spreadability and softness as we do not use any milk solids or animal fats, firming agents or preservatives.

Although we keep up to date with advances in food technology, as yet there are no other oils other than what we use, that we are aware of that can be substituted to make our natural seed oil spreads that will meet our special needs: virtually trans-fat free, GM free, vegan, Kosher, and free from a wide variety of allergens including gluten, corn, soy, wheat, nut oils and dairy.

Food technology is not perhaps as advanced as you may think, and to make a natural table spread there are not many oils that can be used. As Nuttelex is not only allergy friendly but free of preservatives and additives. Oils like olive, avocado and coconut  cannot be used on their own to make a natural table spread.  However, when food technology catches up to enable us to use different oils, or greater quantities, without having to also use additives, preservatives or other processes we deem undesirable, you can be assured Nuttelex will be there to deliver it.

We choose our ingredients very wisely at Nuttelex as we have done now for more than 80 odd years. At Nuttelex we know where our ingredients are grown, how they are processed and we stand by their purity and nutritional value. We have built our business on continually pushing the envelope of what is possible when it comes to creating plant based alternatives that can be enjoyed by the entire family. "
ReplyQuote

BlueberryCacaoMuffin BlueberryCacaoMuffin VIC Posts: 9
26 6 Jun 2018
There was a Vegan spread I saw at Woolworths last week. I bought it and liked how it tasted. It’s called Funky Fields and is made with organic ingredients (Rapeseed oil, Water, Coconut oil, Shea oil, Almond Butter, Salt, Emulsifier (lecithin), Carrot juice, Lemon juice, Natural aroma).

http://funkyfields.com
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au