Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Starting an animal rights group

advice??

1 - 8 of 8 posts


Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
1 24 Sep 2011
As far as I'm aware there is no animal rights groups at my university (Wollongong). Would love to start one and help promote a cruelty free lifestyle on my campus.
Any tips on how to get the ball rolling?
ReplyQuote

Jacqui T Jacqui T NSW Posts: 796
2 24 Sep 2011
I'd say the first thing to do is get a committee of like minded people together, people you can trust and can throw ideas around with. Once you have them then things should really start rolling.
ReplyQuote

Animallover12 Animallover12 NSW Posts: 437
3 25 Sep 2011
Hey I also live in Wollongonghappy
Dunno about your question though, got no answers sorry
ReplyQuote

Kirsttt Kirsttt NSW Posts: 43
4 26 Sep 2011
Hey! I go to UOW too and my best friend nathan and i are passionate about animal rights and have been thinking the same thing! let's do something!
ReplyQuote

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
5 26 Sep 2011
Kirsttt said:
Hey! I go to UOW too and my best friend nathan and i are passionate about animal rights and have been thinking the same thing! let's do something!
Finding like minded people is the first hurdle. Printing out flyers for the sydney "cruelty free fest"  and putting them up around uni sometime this week. Hopefully it sparks some interest.
Yeah that sounds good, we should meet up sometime, add me on facebook if you wanna chat about it. happy
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
6 26 Sep 2011
drewisdead said:
Kirsttt said:
Hey! I go to UOW too and my best friend nathan and i are passionate about animal rights and have been thinking the same thing! let's do something!
Finding like minded people is the first hurdle. Printing out flyers for the sydney "cruelty free fest"  and putting them up around uni sometime this week. Hopefully it sparks some interest.
Yeah that sounds good, we should meet up sometime, add me on facebook if you wanna chat about it. happy
There is going to be a round table discussion for university activists at the forthcoming Animal Activists Forum in Melbourne. We have set this up so people can share experience with other activists on Uni groups, and hopefully create a network of uni groups across the country.
www.activistsforum.com
ReplyQuote

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
7 27 Sep 2011
Lancastrian said:
There is going to be a round table discussion for university activists at the forthcoming Animal Activists Forum in Melbourne. We have set this up so people can share experience with other activists on Uni groups, and hopefully create a network of uni groups across the country.
www.activistsforum.com
Wish I could make it, but can't really afford accommodation and flights in under a month. Sounds like a great event though, should gain alot of attention.
ReplyQuote

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
8 28 Sep 2011
Kirsttt said:
Hey! I go to UOW too and my best friend nathan and i are passionate about animal rights and have been thinking the same thing! let's do something!
Get in touch with me
ReplyQuote


www.unleashed.org.au