Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

CSIRO book's vegetarian advice enrages MP

1 - 10 of 25 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

Shoogs Shoogs QLD Posts: 114
1 29 Sep 2009

Compostkitty Compostkitty NSW Posts: 780
2 29 Sep 2009
the word idiot comes to mind when i read that.
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
3 29 Sep 2009
"tofu-munching climate change extremists and animal libbers "

Ha... really...
You'd think someone in such a high place would try to be a bit more  PC.
ReplyQuote

Nathanael Nathanael VIC Posts: 211
4 29 Sep 2009
CSIRO "diet for well being" or whatever it's called... the old one at least... said to eat red meat 4 times a week, fish once a week... and that was just for dinner... was essentially just an advertisement for red meat. It was sponsored by Dairy Australia and the livestock industry as well I believe.

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/hot-air-over-csiros-new-enviro-diet-20090925-g518.html
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
5 29 Sep 2009
It seems like his main arguement is that people won't be supporting the meat industry enough if they follow the advice of this book.
typical.
ReplyQuote

Frenzal bop Frenzal bop SA Posts: 778
6 29 Sep 2009
vegan revolution.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
7 29 Sep 2009
Mr Vogels said:
"It seems tofu-munching climate change extremists and animal libbers have taken over the CSIRO, wasting taxpayer funds to publish books designed to wipe out our agriculture industries with the ultimate goal of forcing farmers off the land,''
Wasting taxpayer funds? So the tax that I pay to fix some fat f**kers heart in a public hospital after a heart attack because he ate too much meat, dairy, and other random crap and did no exercise isn't a waste of my taxpayer funds???? Hmmm....

Mr Vogels said:
Mr Vogels called on the CSIRO to apologise to Australian livestock and dairy farmers for publishing what he believed was a "flawed'' climate change handbook.
"Flawed" by who's definition?

Mr Vogels said:
He said the organisation had abandoned its 90-year charter to support agriculture industries.
WOOHOO! High 5 CSIRO!

I like that a big named company, who has usually supported the dairy and meat industries, is now turning around and saying "You know what... this is a problem...."
ReplyQuote

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
8 29 Sep 2009
"It seems tofu-munching climate change extremists and animal libbers have taken over the CSIRO, wasting taxpayer funds to publish books designed to wipe out our agriculture industries with the ultimate goal of forcing farmers off the land"

Rofl xDDD What a bogan! An ignorant bogan. Mmm, that's a real healthy meal he's got there - a slab of steak and some wine. I bet that he's just a whingy kid who hates vegetables xD
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
9 29 Sep 2009
Amelia! said:
I bet that he's just a whingy kid who hates vegetables xD
Haha!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
10 29 Sep 2009
Kirrilly said:
Amelia! said:
I bet that he's just a whingy kid who hates vegetables xD
Haha!
I was one of them once LOL my mum reckons me going vegetarian was the best thing for my anti-vegetable eating habits haha
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]