Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Levitating mice - whats the point????

1 - 10 of 12 posts   1 | 2  

littlemisstofu littlemisstofu QLD Posts: 94
1 29 Sep 2009
Has anyone else heard the story that NASA has found a way to make mice fly using magnets? The story is that in the first test the mice were so distressed that they had to be partially sedated to calm them down.
Sorry if this sounds wierd, but to me it sounds like scientists are trying to come up with experiments simply for the sake of  torturing animals...
Seriousley...why would you want to make mice fly?!?!?
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
2 29 Sep 2009
"Other researchers have made live frogs and grasshoppers float in mid-air before, but such research with mice, being closer biologically to humans, could help in studies to counteract bone loss due to reduced gravity over long spans of time, as might be expected in deep space missions or on the surfaces of other planets."

Hm...
ReplyQuote

Mel Mel NSW Posts: 289
3 29 Sep 2009
Umm.. I think there are a few other things wrong that they should be looking for answers to with science instead of this. 0_o
ReplyQuote

Vegetation Vegetation NSW Posts: 349
4 29 Sep 2009
They were talking about that on Good News Week last night and making fun of how scared the poor mice were when they got caught in it sad Poor little micies!!!
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
5 29 Sep 2009
sarahwithanh27 said:
but such research with mice, being closer biologically to humans,
& that gives them reason to do this? What a crock. My b/f & I were talking about this on an ad break during GNW trying to figure out what good could come of this... we came up with nothing.
ReplyQuote

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
6 29 Sep 2009
I heard about it on GNW last night. Of course they made funny jokes, like "they've already made levitating mouse traps" etc etc, but I just thought it was really wierd o.O
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
7 29 Sep 2009
Amelia! said:
"they've already made levitating mouse traps"
I did laugh at that haha
ReplyQuote

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
8 29 Sep 2009
RaV3N said:
Amelia! said:
"they've already made levitating mouse traps"
I did laugh at that haha
GNW is a pretty funny show ^^ I love it.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au