Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Jesus was a vegetarian...

1 - 10 of 20 posts   1 | 2  

Pure Plantasy Pure Plantasy NSW Posts: 78
2 28 Sep 2011
jesus who?
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
3 28 Sep 2011
drewisdead said:
jesus who?
Yes I second this. I'm Agnostic (though I'm leaning a lot towards Atheist at the moment), so I can't really comment, haha.
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
4 28 Sep 2011
Many atheists would agree that a historical person named Jesus probably existed, they just don't believe he was the messiah etc.

The big thing here though is that about 1/3 of the world are supposed to be Christians, if you could convince them all to go vegetarian for religious reasons, well lets just say it might help our cause a little wink
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
5 28 Sep 2011
I was raised catholic, but broke away from it years ago.
I'm now happily pagan. happy
I was taught the same as many other children in a religious household - "god made animals for us to eat". Which made me wonder, "Why would god make animals feel pain if their only purpose is to be killed?".

I don't always agree with PETA, but I like this campaign. If there is a god, he/she would not want us torturing and killing his/her beautiful creations.
butterfly
ReplyQuote

Chewie Chewie NSW Posts: 521
6 28 Sep 2011
Doubtful, if he existed.

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... said:
Many atheists would agree that a historical person named Jesus probably existed, they just don't believe he was the messiah etc.

The big thing here though is that about 1/3 of the world are supposed to be Christians, if you could convince them all to go vegetarian for religious reasons, well lets just say it might help our cause a little wink
I also doubt a 1/3 of the world are Christians. A vast majority of people who call themselves Christians were merely baptised as such when they were a child but don't believe in it (and don't understand that being baptised/christened as a child doesn't mean you're a Christian/Catholic etc).
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
7 28 Sep 2011
While I like the others am unsure about Jesus' Messiah-hood I will agree that his message was extremely veggo. In fact when "God" first made man and woman they were made to be vegans in the perfect garden of eden. It was only when Eve did the wrong thing did their world change and meat eating came about. Of course that's just a story but it is a good point to raise when talking to those over christian people stating that god wants us to eat meat and that he put animals here for a reason.
If I did believe in god however, I of course would never be so selfish as to believe that God made other animals for one species to abuse..
ReplyQuote

8 28 Sep 2011
Fishing is mentioned throughout the Bible quite a lot. John 21:1-14 tells us about Jesus and the miraculous catch of fish. In that context it wouldn't make sense for the word to actually mean seaweed. I think that video is clutching at straws.

Regardless, I don't think a book which tells us to murder girls who aren't virgins on their wedding nights, homosexuals and people of other faiths (to name a few) should be used to convince anyone of anything.
ReplyQuote

9 28 Sep 2011
KirstyGirl said:
If I did believe in god however, I of course would never be so selfish as to believe that God made other animals for one species to abuse..
Although if I did believe in god I too wouldn't think he was so horrible as to create another species for us to abuse... The God of the Christian Bible IS just that. He encouraged and expected animal sacrifices, endorsed female and child slavery, torture, murder and racism.

To quote the brilliant Richard Dawkins:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
ReplyQuote

Supercalifragilisticexpiali... Supercalifragilisticexpiali... QLD Posts: 199
10 28 Sep 2011
Chewie said:
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
I love Richard Dawkins. Move over George Clooney, Richard Dawkins is totally my new old man crush.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au