Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Earthlings.

1 - 10 of 34 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4  

Amelia! Amelia! QLD Posts: 143
1 29 Sep 2009
So I got an email from the vegan group I joined recently, and basically, there was a link to this movie I watched. Well, its not a movie, rather a documentary. It's a real eye opener and I recommend you watch it if you can. It goes for about 1 hour, 36mins, but it is definitely worth it. It basically exposes the pet, food, fur, entertainment and science industries, with lots of behind the scenes footage of what goes on etc. It is a really moving film. You can watch it for free online.

http://www.earthlings.com/

I just want to put a warning, that it may upset a couple of people, simply because it shows some graphic footage.
ReplyQuote

RaV3N RaV3N WA Posts: 2152
3 29 Sep 2009
I have watched that many clips like this I almost forget which ones are which...

I'm pretty sure it's this one and it's segment on fur that upset me the most. One of the white dogs looked just like Storm to me (the dog in my photo) and I had nightmares for weeks, it still haunts me now. I remember after watching this I hopped out of bed (it was 11pm) and went outside to hug Storm, then called my b/f crying and had him worried out of his mind that something really bad had happened at home, I just told him what I had watched and he said that I shouldn't watch things like this as they just upset me and I know why I went vegetarian and why I don't wear fur.

Sorry bit of a rant....

But yes I think omnis need to watch this. I am now off to scour YouTube for a clip to post on Facebook happy
ReplyQuote

4 29 Sep 2009
Biophiliac said:
I know the movie well...

I have shown it to many of my friends/teachers, who were against the idea of Vegetarianism...

Now half of them are! Haha...
That's awesome! I just thought it was really interesting/a total eye opener. I'd love to show it to people I know who oppose vegetarianism. And especially that MP who was dissing vegetarianism xD

Good job! -hi5-
ReplyQuote

5 29 Sep 2009
RaV3N said:
I have watched that many clips like this I almost forget which ones are which...

I'm pretty sure it's this one and it's segment on fur that upset me the most. One of the white dogs looked just like Storm to me (the dog in my photo) and I had nightmares for weeks, it still haunts me now. I remember after watching this I hopped out of bed (it was 11pm) and went outside to hug Storm, then called my b/f crying and had him worried out of his mind that something really bad had happened at home, I just told him what I had watched and he said that I shouldn't watch things like this as they just upset me and I know why I went vegetarian and why I don't wear fur.

Sorry bit of a rant....

But yes I think omnis need to watch this. I am now off to scour YouTube for a clip to post on Facebook happy
No, that's ok! Rant all you want, its good to get these things off your chest. I was upset by a lot of it, though I could not watch the bit at the start with the dogs that were in the gas chambers etc - basically the whole section on pets. And your dog is beautiful! I wanna cuddle her xD I have a little black cocker spaniel.
ReplyQuote

sarahwithanh27 sarahwithanh27 VIC Posts: 439
6 29 Sep 2009
Wow... I've only watched about the first 10-15 minutes of it because I need to go to bed... but wow. That's a really strong opening.
Thankyou, so much.
The narrative is by Joaquin Phoenix right?
Definitely looking forward to watching the rest tomorrow.
ReplyQuote

birdie birdie VIC Posts: 393
7 29 Sep 2009
i've only seen the first 5 minutes a few weeks ago which took me half an hour to download.. but i really want to watch it when i have the time to download the whole thing
ReplyQuote

Pomi Pomi VIC Posts: 311
8 29 Sep 2009
Ahh.. Earthlings. The day I watched it was the day I became veg.
ReplyQuote

9 29 Sep 2009
sarahwithanh27 said:
Wow... I've only watched about the first 10-15 minutes of it because I need to go to bed... but wow. That's a really strong opening.
Thankyou, so much.
The narrative is by Joaquin Phoenix right?
Definitely looking forward to watching the rest tomorrow.
I found it to be a very powerful and moving documentary. And your welcome! Umm, I think it is.
ReplyQuote

10 29 Sep 2009
nessa said:
i've only seen the first 5 minutes a few weeks ago which took me half an hour to download.. but i really want to watch it when i have the time to download the whole thing
Slow internet? My internet kept mucking up and so the audio streamed faster than the video xD
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au