Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Oxfam and World vision Animal expoitation

If you are against killing animals for food dont support these charities

1 - 10 of 44 posts   1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  

hayley2 hayley2 VIC Posts: 208
1 4 Oct 2011
As advertised here, you can buy any animal you want to donate to people to use these animals for food. You can even buy a bulk of farm animals or even a oxen and plow. This is disgusting!
http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?go=section§ion=11080&&prod=3nLVhM4LxRvfBLf5BdnfoU9d:S&prod_pses=ZGEECE47039D3F2386911E826766B5622151E2ECAFE8C5B072D03AB61DF81426323FB1E59E102955B1C019378F989694F76CD10C14228C5846
ReplyQuote

Scuba-addict Scuba-addict United Kingdom Posts: 107
2 4 Oct 2011
I understand why your're angry about this. But you need to accept that the people benefitting from oxfam are VERY VERY poor. We are fortunate enough to get our nutrients from fresh vegetables, quorn, vitamins etc.

Soil in large parts of africa is unable to grow plants. The nomads move around, cut down trees, which affects the entire area as no bushes/roots/trees means the top soil just blows around and nothing can be grown. And they barely have enough water to drink let alone grow crops.

Yes, in the western and rich eastern world there is no need to consume animal products. We are advanced enough to not need to. But don't condemn 3rd world countries for doing so. (I am going to assume) You have no idea how much they suffer.
I'll be the first to admit i've NEVER been truely hungry, or truely thristy. We live very privileged lives.

I will continue to support these charities in the hope that a better solution is created.

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
3 4 Oct 2011
they could send grains over, which im sure you know are often wasted in animal agriculture.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
4 4 Oct 2011
I wouldn't say not to support these organisations all together, they do great work for underprivileged people in poor countries.

I can understand why they would send animals rather than plants. As stated above the plants will not grow well in the countries soil and because of the lack of water, so therefore once their supply runs out they will have nothing to eat.
Chickens and ducks will provide them with a constant supply of eggs which are full of nutrients, and goats provide them with milk, cheese and yogurt. The animals will also continue to breed which will increase their supply of food and ensure they never go hungry. They can then sell the excess animals to other families for money to go to school and buy medication.

I understand where your're coming from, but at this current point in time it does seem like the only viable solution. Plus people in underprivileged countries do appreciate these animals far more than anyone who uses animal products in wealthy countries such as Australia do.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
5 4 Oct 2011
jack said:
they could send grains over, which im sure you know are often wasted in animal agriculture.
That would be a good solution, but unfortunately until wealthy western nations such as America and Australia realise that the grain being wasted on feeding livestock could basically feed the whole world, then it can't happen.
ReplyQuote

Kirsttt Kirsttt NSW Posts: 43
6 4 Oct 2011
I have supported World Vision for about 3 years now by sponsoring a child/community. I admittedly have also 'bought a goat' for a family that was to be used for milk, not food (prior to being vegetarian). I think it is elitist to believe that the third world can be aided without animal use, that these people have land good enough to plough and the skills to grow a range of vegetables that would prove a healthy alternative to meat in their unpredictable climate.
I am a strong supporter of animal rights, and I do not believe that I or the west need to eat/exploit animals to lead a healthy life. We have access to a wide range of alternatives, if you aren't a gardener, guess what? you can buy your veggies. If you're not much of a cook? Guess what? There are simple ready-made vegan meals available at our fingertips. The developing world does not have these luxuries, and many countries (particularly countries such as Cambodia, where generations have been wiped out) do not have the education systems set in place on how to live sustainably without the easy meat eggs and dairy that these charities can provide.

I think that animal rights are important, but I would never ever discourage someone from giving to charity to assist the exploited and dying people of this world.
ReplyQuote

t1 t1 VIC Posts: 4
7 4 Oct 2011
ive just joined this and now im about to unjoin ive never such bulshit in my whole life ...I love the truth that hayley put on here thank god for people like her and jack....
what a bunch of misserable low grade vegans...absolutelt totaly full of shit...how the f**k can you agree with sending animals over seas for the starving kids...if they fed the homeless meateaters waste of space oxygen thieves to the hungry kids then there would be no problem
how can so called vegans that are vegan because of their love for animals even think about doing this WORLD VISSION can kiss my arse...they will never het a cent from me>>>>GO HAYLEY AND JACK .....love you guys

[Admin Edit: Thread merged.]
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
8 4 Oct 2011
Maybe you should have posted this in the thread that was already discussing World Vision...

And you're going to unjoin an awesome site because a few people don't agree with you? I also find it quite strange (for lack of a better word) how you talk about "miserable low grade Vegans" when you yourself are not even Vegan, according to your profile.

How could people think about it? Go read the thread and see their responses, I've seen some people explain why they think what they do.
ReplyQuote

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
9 4 Oct 2011
Mean people wear fur said:
Maybe you should have posted this in the thread that was already discussing World Vision...

And you're going to unjoin an awesome site because a few people don't agree with you? I also find it quite strange (for lack of a better word) how you talk about "miserable low grade Vegans" when you yourself are not even Vegan, according to your profile.

How could people think about it? Go read the thread and see their responses, I've seen some people explain why they think what they do.
I smell a troll
ReplyQuote

z1 z1 VIC Posts: 535
10 4 Oct 2011
i think tania is saying she supports AA.
She is against world vision sending animals to villages
or something like that
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ]  [ 4 ]  [ 5 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au