Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Apple

Steve Jobs

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

VeganEra VeganEra QLD Posts: 202
1 6 Oct 2011
Here is something that is totally cool about Apple and the beautiful Mr. Steve Jobs. Did you know that for most part of his life he was a fruitarian and vegetarian. He was a hippie, well in fact a hippie genius and created Apple to de-funk the IBM monopoly  train.
But there is a little secret about Apple computers that I know you are going to love, check out this story...
http://www.veganera.com/Article2011Ow108.htm
ReplyQuote

Pinkhotstar Pinkhotstar QLD Posts: 163
2 6 Oct 2011
God damn it, now I have to change to Apple. And I know lots of you love Apple, but my ipod annoys the shit out of me, its just freakin difficult, even my dad who is a comp genius, can build the bastards from scratch hates them. I only love my ipod cause it is slim and sexy and a brand name, yes I know very superficial of me, oh well I am happy now that I know that my pain and suffering of having to use Apple will at least benefit the animals.  wink
ReplyQuote

Pinkhotstar Pinkhotstar QLD Posts: 163
3 6 Oct 2011
Oh and by the way, thanks for posting that, that was really interesting and informative to read, and I have always felt guilty about what I suspected wasn't vegan about comps, and now I have an alternative for my next lappy, even if it is one that I know is going to hate me  scared
ReplyQuote

4 6 Oct 2011
You will never look back. The only down side to it all is when you walk into the apple store trying not to buy the whole place!!! It is like a candy store for grown ups.
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
5 6 Oct 2011
Hmm I would like to question where you got your information that most other computer processors are made using pig skin?
Apple doesn't manufacture their own processors, they use Intel processors which are also widely used in windows based computers.
And if anyone has ever seen/felt a processor it looks nothing like it has been made out of pig skin.

How an Intel processor is made (a very similar process would be used by other cpu manufacturers too):
http://www.tomshardware.com/picturestory/514-intel-cpu-processor-core-i7.html
ReplyQuote

6 6 Oct 2011
Thanks for that. My little friend that did the research got that part wrong. It is actually in the plastics used in the manufacturing of the computers - many plastics (including those used on computers) use stearic acid in their manufacture which is derived from animals. From the research condcuted Apple do not use this.
We have updated the story. Thanks again  cloud9
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
7 6 Oct 2011
Okay thanks. That would make more sense happy
I'll look further into it.

EDIT: How do you know other companies don't also use 'vegan' suitable plastics?
Also a lot of computer cases can be made with metal, meaning no stearic acid.

I see what you are saying with the whole plastic issue, but avoiding plastics which use stearic acid is pretty much impossible unless you were to boycott all plastics from unknown sources, and I doubt many people would want to do that.
Right now sitting at my desk I see a folder, printer, modem, computer, mouse, keyboard, pen, lamp, laptop, television, book.....all made of plastic, which means they could all contain animal products.
I just don't think vegans should go out and buy apple products solely for that reason (if it even be true), if we start looking into everything that deeply we will probably all go insane rolleyes
ReplyQuote

Contreras Contreras NSW Posts: 349
8 6 Oct 2011
VeganEra said:
Thanks for that. My little friend that did the research got that part wrong. It is actually in the plastics used in the manufacturing of the computers - many plastics (including those used on computers) use stearic acid in their manufacture which is derived from animals. From the research condcuted Apple do not use this.
We have updated the story. Thanks again  cloud9
Hello, your post has made two very big claims: one apple ONLY uses vegan computer parts including the manufactured plastics in their devices and two EVERY other computer manufacturer uses some type of animal product. Now I am not doubting your post, but if your going to make these claims could you please provide accredited sources or else one could assume it's either a rumor, exaggerated truth or made up.
ReplyQuote

ok ok NSW Posts: 232
9 6 Oct 2011
I loooooove apple, but they make leather cases for iPads (the official ones) so I don't believe the vagan thing

Your link isn't working for me?

Edit: never mind it worked this time :x
ReplyQuote

10 6 Oct 2011
Hi May-Z. We picked up a folding case for the iPad that was Vegan. It was bought at the Apple store.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au