Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Nutritional Yeast?

1 - 10 of 19 posts   1 | 2  

Asha13 Asha13 SA Posts: 22
1 7 Oct 2011
Does anyone know a place to get nutritional yeast in Adelaide? I've been everywhere trying to find some but no luck so far.
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
2 7 Oct 2011
Try as many health food stores as you can! If they don't have it, often they can order it in for you. Also in Australia it tends to be labelled "savoury yeast flakes" instead of nutritional yeast.
ReplyQuote

3 7 Oct 2011
Awesome, thanks happy
ReplyQuote

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
4 7 Oct 2011
Man, I was so pissed when Woolworths dropped a lot of products. They use to carry nutritional yeast and TVP (small packs only though) in their health selection at one point. I think Coles use to carry the yeast too. Hell, I can't even get wholegrain lasagna sheets anymore. Distant memories.

I find the more 'woo' related the health store, the more likely they have a the large nutritional yeast packs. I think usually 'Nutritional Life' has it? If I got the name right.

Also, try Asian supermarkets. When I lived in Brisbane one of my local ones always had tonnes of it.
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
5 8 Oct 2011
I got mine from an organic supermarket in the city just off gouger st. I cant remember what st though, maybe market st.
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
6 8 Oct 2011
Go Vita stores carry it
ReplyQuote

7 8 Oct 2011
Thanks for the help guys ecstatic
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
8 3 Nov 2011
i went into a health store today and asked about nutritional yeast and they advised me to get
"brewer yeast" upon leaving i found out this is not what i wanted sad damnn
ReplyQuote

The Last Baron The Last Baron NSW Posts: 147
9 3 Nov 2011
http://www.iherb.com/KAL-Nutritional-Yeast-Flakes-22-oz-624-g/19095?at=0

Even with the (cheap) postage it's much less than I used to pay when I could find yeast around here.
ReplyQuote

Lars Lars NSW Posts: 825
10 3 Nov 2011
Wolf said:
i went into a health store today and asked about nutritional yeast and they advised me to get
"brewer yeast" upon leaving i found out this is not what i wanted sad damnn
I bought that once thinking it was the same thing, made a mac n cheez....Putrid. Apparantly you're not supposed to eat that stuff raw or it ferments in your belly or something
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au