Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Racing Season

Geelong (my hometown) had it's annual Cup Day today

1 - 7 of 7 posts

tonijosephine tonijosephine VIC Posts: 80
1 19 Oct 2011
Horse Racing is the epitome of how human beings exploit animals for no REAL reason. The whole racing industry is immoral and corrupt!
The stupid bogans in Geelong just use it as an excuse to dress up in super short dresses and get 'maggoted' whilst pumping money into the industry. People are so absent minded.
How do you deal with this time of year?
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
2 19 Oct 2011
I feel exactly the same. The majority of people who go to the races, are there to drink and dress up, they have no idea who won the race.
People will continue to tell you that racehorses are the most well looked after animal that we 'use', which i guess is true to an extent (a short term extent), what happens to the ones that arent fast enough? do they find homes, or are they put down?
I feel like a real minority this time of year. My work does a big dress up shared lunch with champagne, its so dumb.
ReplyQuote

tonijosephine tonijosephine VIC Posts: 80
3 19 Oct 2011
You're quite right calling us a minority, it seems next to nobody seems to look beyond the drinking and the fancy clothes. So much hype is created through adverts for cup season and sales etc! It seems so crazy to think its not only so accepted in society but so encouraged…

Pretty sure we need to concentrate more on the racing industry - or not solely on jumps racing.
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
4 20 Oct 2011
Its also really annoying when Mat and Jo on the Mat and Jo show hand out free tickets to the races! Why would you want to go to the races anyway? It stupid and a waste of time!
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
5 20 Oct 2011
tonijosephine said:
Horse Racing is the epitome of how human beings exploit animals for no REAL reason. The whole racing industry is immoral and corrupt!
The stupid bogans in Geelong just use it as an excuse to dress up in super short dresses and get 'maggoted' whilst pumping money into the industry. People are so absent minded.
How do you deal with this time of year?
It's very annoying because literally EVERYONE gets involved! Everyone's works get involved. I remember I used to win money off it as a little kid because everyone that worked (my dad, my nanna etc etc) would put my name into their draw at work too... I don't think most people even stop to think about it or even realise what they're doing is hurting others.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
6 20 Oct 2011
tonijosephine said:
You're quite right calling us a minority, it seems next to nobody seems to look beyond the drinking and the fancy clothes. So much hype is created through adverts for cup season and sales etc! It seems so crazy to think its not only so accepted in society but so encouraged…

Pretty sure we need to concentrate more on the racing industry - or not solely on jumps racing.
Very good point I totally agree!
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
7 20 Oct 2011
i honestly dont know how to cope with the racing season, my mum and 2 sisters are going to see "The Cup" on saturday at the movies > it pisses me off becouse they keep having a go at me why racing is good.
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au