Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Corellas in adelaide

They're annoying, so will be killed

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
1 23 Oct 2011
The onkaparinga council in adelaide has passed a motion to shoot 'some' corellas in the area because they are noisy.
Here is the story
http://southern-times-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/council-to-kill-corellas/
An email can be sent to the council () i know its already probably in action, but maybe they will rethink if there are enough people against it. There has to be a more humane way to deal with this!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
2 23 Oct 2011
If the noise is really such a problem can't they just try scaring them away rather than killing them?
It seems as of late the solution to every problem people are having with animals is to just 'kill them'.

I'll send through an email and hopefully they will find a solution that doesn't involve killing happy
ReplyQuote

katherooni katherooni SA Posts: 209
3 23 Oct 2011
It seems like they have tried using lights and sirens and stuff like that, i dont really know very much about birds but surely there is another way. The people should move to the city if they dont like the wildlife jeez
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
4 23 Oct 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
It seems as of late the solution to every problem people are having with animals is to just 'kill them'.
Yeah if you get your news from a Vegan Website
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
5 23 Oct 2011
i will send an email through aswell, i've seen these birds in my area before and they really aren't that noisy at all...
plus these birds can learn to talk (more like mimic)
which makes them very smart birds happy
ReplyQuote

Pegs Pegs VIC Posts: 1538
6 24 Oct 2011
Wolf said:
i will send an email through aswell, i've seen these birds in my area before and they really aren't that noisy at all...
plus these birds can learn to talk (more like mimic)
which makes them very smart birds happy
Actually, they are VERY noisy birds. But that is a very poor excuse to shoot them! Grrrrr, I don't think they would be happy if I went over their house and shot everyone because their music was up too loud! If they are looking for something to shoot, they should concentrate on the destructive teenagers that are more annoying than a bunch of loud corollas!
ReplyQuote

Cherry Pie Cherry Pie VIC Posts: 144
7 24 Oct 2011
Abbiesaurus said:
If the noise is really such a problem can't they just try scaring them away rather than killing them?

I'll send through an email and hopefully they will find a solution that doesn't involve killing happy
Yeah your right they should have a different solution then "killing them" and plus there is another excuse "their too noisy.
They can use those guns to put them to sleep and take them some habitat that suits them
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
8 24 Oct 2011
I think they should introduce a predator... like a pterodactyl reincarnation, a much more humane way of doing things ecstatic
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
9 24 Oct 2011
Imagine if we killed other people when they got too noisy. I would be the only person left in my town...
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
10 24 Oct 2011
Casper.s2 said:
I think they should introduce a predator... like a pterodactyl reincarnation, a much more humane way of doing things ecstatic
if i have learned anything from the simpsons (and i have)
introducing a predator won't do any good :p
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au