Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Big Gigantoid Crunchy Peanut Butter-Oatmeal COOKIES!!!

Warning: Highly addictive!

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
1 28 Oct 2011
I just had to share this AWESOME cookie recipe I've made a couple of times now. They are so fun and easy to make and they're from the book Vegan With A Vengeance, highly recommended book! I made some today that I'm donating to the Cruelty Free Festival in Sydney ecstatic

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup chunky all-natural peanut butter (salted is okay if you like a salty peanut butter flavour)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 Farenheit (Around 176 degrees). Lightly grease two cookie sheets.

Toss together the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. In a seperate bowl, mix together the oil, peanut butter, sugars, soy milk and vanilla.

Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix. The dought will be very firm and moist. For perfectly round, large cookies: pack a 1/3 cup measuring cup with dough, pop out and roll the dough into a firm ball and flatten just barely on a prepared cookie sheet, spacing the dough balls well apart. Lighlt grease the bottom of a glass or heave ceramic pie plate; press the top of the cookies with the bottom of the pie plate to flatten to a 1/2 inch thickness. Leave about an inch between the flattened cookies as these will spread slightly. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes till cookies have puffed up a bit and are lighty browned. Allow to cool at least 10 minutes to firm up before moving off the cookie sheet. You can also make normal-size cookies using 1 to 2 tablespoons of dough instead, baking these 8 to 10 minutes.

Enjoy.....these are way too delicious not to make happy
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
2 28 Oct 2011
Yum! I'll definitely have to get around to making these. Could you provide the method?
ReplyQuote

3 28 Oct 2011
Whoops! I completely forgot to add that tongue will edit now.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
4 28 Oct 2011
YUM! I love making cookies. Thanks for sharing!  ecstatic
ReplyQuote

5 28 Oct 2011
No worries wink
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au