Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Themed 21st Party

I need food ideas!

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Catyren Catyren WA Posts: 542
1 4 Nov 2011
Ok, so my 21st is coming up and I want to go all out. I'm leaning towards throwing it at home so that I can have better control over the catering, decorations and such.
I'm going to do a "Seven Deadly Sins" dress up themed party and I want the food (vegan of course) to fit the theme, Any ideas and recipes would be greatly appreciated!

The sins are:

Gluttony, Pride, Envy, Lust, Wrath, Sloth and Greed.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
2 5 Nov 2011
Catyren said:
Gluttony, Pride, Envy, Lust, Wrath, Sloth and Greed.
Gluttony: maybe a really decadent vegan choc mud cake?

Pride: not sure... possibly something really pretty to look at, with some tentative connection to what you believe in or are proud about

Envy: this one is hard too! I'll think about it

Lust: strawberries and a chocolate fountain, with vegan wine

Wrath: chilli, chilli and more chilli!!! If you wanted to make the food yourself I have a recipe for lumpia (Indonesian mini spring rolls), and you could substitute where my Oma has written "bacon" and put in a vegan substitute. Serve with a nice spicy sambal!

Sloth: BBQ Shapes. Can you get any more lazy than that?

Greed: well... it's your party... so get something really tasty and eat it in front of everyone! Bwahahaha! Then share when everyone is threatening to leave.

The more ideas people throw around the place, the more you'll have to choose from. So help out folks!
ReplyQuote

Mean people wear fur Mean people wear fur QLD Posts: 1087
3 5 Nov 2011
Glen has some really good ideas! Maybe for Envy you could do something green - the whole 'green with envy' thing.
ReplyQuote

Nobody Nobody QLD Posts: 593
4 5 Nov 2011
I like Glen's ideas. happy

For some reason, I'm thinking something to do with pastry for envy. Apple and cinnamon filled pastry triangles? Maybe?

These 2 recipes are great party food:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=14815.0
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=15260.0
(btw,cornmeal is polenta)

But I'm not sure what sin they could be.   ashamed

EDIT: the post above me has a better idea for envy. tongue
Something green would be awesome.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
5 5 Nov 2011
lust - those boobie cupcakes . i saw 'em on tv once happy

greed - you could do again cupcakes with a green dollar signs or brownies that look like our diff dollar notes.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
6 5 Nov 2011
Vegans love cake. Something I've noticed over time!
ReplyQuote

Beemo Beemo United States Posts: 1259
7 5 Nov 2011
ReplyQuote

no more no more Australia Posts: 46
8 5 Nov 2011
oreo's oreo's oreo's tongue
ReplyQuote

9 5 Nov 2011
I have a recipe for chocolate cherry cheese cake that might work well for lust. associating sweet stuff with sins is easy, but I need to figure out some savoury ones to balance it out too
ReplyQuote

10 5 Nov 2011
Came across an awesome idea for greed, chocolate coins! has anyone ever found vegan ones?
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).