Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Vegan Ice block recipes

Your home made recipes

1 - 9 of 9 posts

Gracie Maree Gracie Maree NSW Posts: 88
1 6 Nov 2011
So, it's like really hot right now and I'm really craving an ice block!
Does anyone have a favourite home made icey pole recipe? Preferably fruit recipes that don't need soy yoghurts or soy ice creams =D
wave
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
2 6 Nov 2011
If you want fruit ones, just blend up your favourite fruit and freeze it, easy done!

Lemonade also works nicely.
ReplyQuote

Casper.s2 Casper.s2 SA Posts: 1640
3 6 Nov 2011
Have you got the iceblock mods? if not find something you can pull the thing out of smoothly.

Recipe one My Patented 'royal mango and guava or wild berry or passionfruit icepole'

Step1. Poor juice into mold.

Step2. Pop in stick.

Step3. Freeezzeee

Step4. Remove from freezer and remove from mold.

Step5. Lick.

Or my old up and go recipe adapted.

Step1. Put soy bliss soymilk container in freezer.

Step2. follow steps 3 and 4. then eat with spoon and save a couple of pennys and it is less fluffy and get more nom nom also contains b vitamins this way.

Dew Lands juice is south african but they have nice juice.... juice is already so sweet you don't need to add sugar. They have juice perfect for iceypole.Go to store and buy molds... they make them : D

http://www.google.com.au/search?gcx=w&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=lude#q=ice+pop+mold&hl=en&sa=X&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&ei=keu1TsTBAqGSiQe-k6WFAg&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CGUQzAMwAA&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=173496adcf402998&biw=1920&bih=1017
ReplyQuote

Gracie Maree Gracie Maree NSW Posts: 88
4 6 Nov 2011
I love figs, someone suggested I just cut the figs up into super thick slices and pop one slice into each popsicle mould and adding in a few tea spoons of flax seeds for texture (Along with the rest of the mixture) rather than blending it in with everything else. Don't know why I didn't think of this before ^^
ReplyQuote

OinkMoo OinkMoo NSW Posts: 1340
5 7 Nov 2011
blend mango"s and feeze them - simply the best *droolz*

also dont forget about our four-legged freinds happy ... they love frozen ice blocks, i freeze apples, carrots, mangos ect in a bowl an once its frozen i give it to the sheep, pig, cows and calfs, rabbits, rats and they love it ecstatic
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 7 Nov 2011
Gracie Maree said:
So, it's like really hot right now and I'm really craving an ice block!
Does anyone have a favourite home made icey pole recipe? Preferably fruit recipes that don't need soy yoghurts or soy ice creams =D
wave
i love makig coke ones, but thats probs not healthy hahaa
ReplyQuote

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
7 7 Nov 2011
Last summer I discovered by putting a bunch of grapes in the freezer, I could have little mini iceblocks by the handful!
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
8 7 Nov 2011
Jane said:
Last summer I discovered by putting a bunch of grapes in the freezer, I could have little mini iceblocks by the handful!
That's more awesome than the Hadron collider... I'm totally giving this a crack.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
9 7 Nov 2011
Jane said:
I do the same thing with raspberries and blackberries and throw them in my lemonades to make them a bit fancier... hahaha. A smidge of rasp/blackberry juice added is nice too. kind of like a mocktail happy
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au