Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Western black rhino declared extinct

a BBC news article

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

TheSixthStitch TheSixthStitch Aruba Posts: 988
1 10 Nov 2011
Read the article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15663982

One hopes they've built a secret bunker away from people to re-emerge once we've disappeared....
ReplyQuote

lividlotus lividlotus NSW Posts: 301
2 10 Nov 2011
The stupidity of poaching after you kill them all, then what are they going to do? Kill another species and next thing you know, the whole eco-system is thrown out of whack and even fewer animals and it's just a vicious spiral out of control.
Future generations will no longer be able to see those beautiful creatures it just isn't fair.
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
3 10 Nov 2011
Man.. that's harsh. I love rhinos! Can we poach poachers?
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
4 10 Nov 2011
Glen said:
Man.. that's harsh. I love rhinos! Can we poach poachers?
i think we should poach some poachers!
sad
ReplyQuote

Gracie Maree Gracie Maree NSW Posts: 88
5 10 Nov 2011
ReplyQuote

Gracie Maree Gracie Maree NSW Posts: 88
6 10 Nov 2011
Oh and of corse, they are now talking about legalising the horn trade!
I think it's a bad idea, I can see how it might "save" the rhino population, but it would just cause other problems, mainly for the rhino.
Poor rhino =(
ReplyQuote

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
7 10 Nov 2011
Anyone remember last year when Elle McPherson said she loves using powdered rhino horn for her skin or something? Then when everyone went ape she said she was just joking ...cause that's such a funny joke, right?

You know of all the mass extinction periods that you learn about in biology, where stacks of animals went extinct over say 5 or 10 thousands years (I can't remember the exact figures) ...we've sent more species into extinction in just the last 100 years than in ANY mass extinction period in the WORLD'S history - aren't we fab?  cry

And now that I've upset everyone - you can see a black rhino and a white rhino and those przewalsi's horses mentioned in the article at the Monarto open plain zoo in SA - I'm not big on zoos, but that one's not too bad  happy
ReplyQuote

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
8 10 Nov 2011
Jane said:
And now that I've upset everyone - you can see a black rhino and a white rhino and those przewalsi's horses mentioned in the article at the Monarto open plain zoo in SA - I'm not big on zoos, but that one's not too bad  happy
Keep meaning to go there when we make the trek west to see the family. Problem is, after driving for 8 or 9 hours to get to my aunt's house, the next day it seems like Monarto is halfway back to the border and we can't be bothered doing it!

We always end up spending half our time at central market anyway... got any recommendations for a place to eat now we've ditched animal products? Location doesn't matter... aunt lives in Firle, and Adelaide isn't very big anyway.
ReplyQuote

Jane Jane SA Posts: 168
9 10 Nov 2011
Glen said:
got any recommendations for a place to eat now we've ditched animal products? Location doesn't matter... aunt lives in Firle, and Adelaide isn't very big anyway.
Your first stop MUST be Bliss Organic Cafe, Compton St in the city - totally vegan and totally amazing - the scrambled tofu is heaven.

I personally love Zenhouse too, in Bent St in the city - veg yum cha - and about half or more of the menu is vegan too. The menu is so huge it's in two books (I know weird) but there's the usual vegie/tofu/beetroot/soy fillet kind of burgers, plus thai dishes, mock meat, dumplings, dim sims etc - it takes us about about 45 minutes to actually decide what to have!

Right next to Zenhouse is Joy Discovery, also delicious.

And I keep meaning to go to Vego and Lovin It - pretty crazy to say I've been here my whole life and STILL haven't tried it - but everyone tells me is great!

Oh and just out of the city there's Vegetarian Delight, which is quite a new discovery of mine, and I just wish I lived closer. It's on Port Rd at Hindmarsh.

Now that should ensure your bellies are full before the long drive back to Melbourne!
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
10 11 Nov 2011
Jane said:
Glen said:
got any recommendations for a place to eat now we've ditched animal products? Location doesn't matter... aunt lives in Firle, and Adelaide isn't very big anyway.
Your first stop MUST be Bliss Organic Cafe, Compton St in the city - totally vegan and totally amazing - the scrambled tofu is heaven.

I personally love Zenhouse too, in Bent St in the city - veg yum cha - and about half or more of the menu is vegan too. The menu is so huge it's in two books (I know weird) but there's the usual vegie/tofu/beetroot/soy fillet kind of burgers, plus thai dishes, mock meat, dumplings, dim sims etc - it takes us about about 45 minutes to actually decide what to have!

Right next to Zenhouse is Joy Discovery, also delicious.

And I keep meaning to go to Vego and Lovin It - pretty crazy to say I've been here my whole life and STILL haven't tried it - but everyone tells me is great!

Oh and just out of the city there's Vegetarian Delight, which is quite a new discovery of mine, and I just wish I lived closer. It's on Port Rd at Hindmarsh.

Now that should ensure your bellies are full before the long drive back to Melbourne!
And there's also a vegan place in the central market food court! happy
Oh and there's another little Asian vegan place in one of the arcades off rundle mall! It's like 5am at the minute so I can't remember what It's called sad but It's just off pultney street in the arcade next to mansions.
I love Zen house! Even my omni friends love Zen house! n.n

I really was against zoos, I don't like the small cages sad but monato doesn't sound bad, most of the animals are used to the warm climate anyways and they have so much room happy I don't think I've ever been there, so maybe I need to take a trip
See the extinct rhino sad
This makes me so so sad
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au