Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Got another kitteh today..

She's adorable!

1 - 10 of 16 posts   1 | 2  

Glen Glen VIC Posts: 337
1 12 Nov 2011
We went to the Ballarat Show today for a look at the show cats, and the breeders we bought Darcy from last year were there... with one of his sisters who they haven't been able to find a home for! Burmese, by the way... we're obsessed with them.

My response: "Yes please, thank you ta!"

We've been thinking about getting another, and I guess this opportunity to give this beautiful little girl a loving home has presented itself for a reason. The poor darling has been in limbo this last year, because the breeders aren't in a position to keep her and she's now over one year old, and not a kitten anymore. But that matters stuff all to us!

The resemblance in the face to Darcy is uncanny. We could tell before they'd said anything that it was his sister... they look so alike. We've been home for nearly an hour now and she's only ventured out of the kitteh carrier once... poor thing is a bit freaked out. Shadow (our eldest boy) is being sooooo good right now. He's been quietly sitting in the room, maintaining a respectful distance. Darcy is hiding somewhere around the house: when we brought her in (they called her Bronte, by the way), Darcy ran straight up to her, stared for a couple of moments, then hissed and took off! We think he recognised her... I definitely haven't seen that look on his face before, and he's met other cats.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes before everyone gets their nose back into joint. Shadow is fine with it all, but Darcy... haha it's very cute. I'll put pics up in my profile when I can get a decent one of her.
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
2 12 Nov 2011
yes! pictures please! n.n
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 12 Nov 2011
Awww, can't wait to see pictures. happy What colour is she? I love Burmese, they're beautiful kitties. And their faces are so chubby. tongue

I wanted to get another Abyssinian, but I know I should rescue, and there are no Abyssinian rescues in Australia. (Good thing, right?)
ReplyQuote

4 12 Nov 2011
She's a brown torti Maggie. And hopefully she'll come out from under the bed sometime soon so I can take a picture! The hissing and growling around here has subsided, so hopefully they'll all be getting along with each other soon.
ReplyQuote

xMISSMONSTERx xMISSMONSTERx WA Posts: 2582
5 12 Nov 2011
I love Cats xD

The only thing I really can say here is that I would be avoiding supporting breeders in any way possible. They really are a problem.. Rescue kitties are grateful for a warm bed and a loving family too.
ReplyQuote

6 12 Nov 2011
We dig that. Hence why we brought her home today, she needed us and we happened to have her brother with us already.

I wish I could rescue them all.. but there wouldn't be a laser pointer in the whole world that's big enough!
ReplyQuote

7 13 Nov 2011
No pictures yet.. don't really want to photograph a growlie cat! And I don't want to freak her out any more than she's already going through. Poor thing has had her world turned upside down in the last 24 hours, but she's started to explore the house a bit more which is good.

Hopefully I can get the camera out later!

EDIT: She's Darcy's sister alright... they've got the EXACT same growl, they look so alike, and they have a few characteristics that are identical to the other. Now they just need to start making friends with each other!
ReplyQuote

Cow Hugger Cow Hugger SA Posts: 346
8 13 Nov 2011
aren't there enough crazy cat ladies in the world ;D
i'm such a dog person, i can't wait to have a really big property and rescue as many dogs as i can happy  rabbit < rabbits tooo
ReplyQuote

9 13 Nov 2011
I know that feeling Wolf! One of our future goals is to purchase a reasonably sized block of land out of town to have a native revegetation and farm animal rescue plot. I've always wanted to do it... make a little sanctuary among the trees for rescued cows, pigs and sheep, and whatever other animals need a safe and loving home.

I'd also like a nice big dam, and to build a sala or something in the middle of it where we can go on weekends to chill out. Would be a nice place to mark kids' homework and assignments!
ReplyQuote

10 13 Nov 2011
Pictures pending approval at 11:20am EDT Sunday! She's started to explore the house more and I got a few good photos of her sitting on the window sill in the lounge room.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

Unleashed

This page was printed from Animals Australia Unleashed's website (www.unleashed.org.au).