Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Skinny Bitch

21 - 24 of 24 posts   1 | 2 | 3  

EMAC EMAC VIC Posts: 69
21 2 Sep 2010
It is a great book - very easy to read. Don't be scared off by the title!
ReplyQuote

Little_Kitty Little_Kitty United Kingdom Posts: 376
22 3 Sep 2010
Amelia! said:
Ahh yes. I have Skinny Bitch, and Skinny Bitch In The Kitch. Both fantastic books ^^
i have both... except i cop alot of crap when ppl see i have it because i am skinny they assume it's a diet book and im some food hating mental case.
Im sending a copy to my sister in Canada because she said to me "well..its ok to drink milk you know, they cows HAVE to be milked, otherwise it HURTS them". she wont listen to anything i say so maybe if she reads this book she can see it from a different approach. im just worried about her health, she has a heart condition at 24 and eats so so badly sad
ReplyQuote

Mondayschild Mondayschild WA Posts: 1452
23 3 Sep 2010
Little_Kitty said:
Amelia! said:
Ahh yes. I have Skinny Bitch, and Skinny Bitch In The Kitch. Both fantastic books ^^
i have both... except i cop alot of crap when ppl see i have it because i am skinny they assume it's a diet book and im some food hating mental case.
Thats the very reason that I havn't bought it lol. But by the sounds of things I may just have to!
ReplyQuote

Arieluxable Arieluxable QLD Posts: 190
24 9 Sep 2010
I haven't read it, but I'm not entirely sure I want to - My extremely vain and ignorant (ex)housemate read it and "decided" she was vegan..pretty much all she did was switch from regular butter to Nuttelex and a couple of days later she was chowing down on a cheeseburger, claiming that going vegan was "too hard'..

I honestly have more faith in "Vegan Freak" by Jenna & Bob Torres - they urge people to become vegan for the right reasons and with these reasons behind them, they are more likely to stay vegan for life.
People who "tried" being vegan and failed have a tendancy to run around screaming out about how difficult they found it, and in doing so they discourage others from giving it a go and also alienate us.

I'm not saying "Skinny Bitch" is all bad, far from it - Just thought I would give another point of view. happy
ReplyQuote

Next >
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ]  [ 3 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au