Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

I'm wanting to become a veg

Can anyone give me any tips on stopping from eatting meat

1 - 10 of 11 posts   1 | 2  

CatieZoe CatieZoe VIC Posts: 1
1 26 Nov 2011
My name is Caitlin and I live in Victoria, Australia. I have already given up a few but how can I stop myself from eating other meats? I don't want to eat them anymore.
Help!
ReplyQuote

AliceinWhorrorland AliceinWhorrorland VIC Posts: 95
2 26 Nov 2011
Have you seen some videos exposing meat processing farms? That can put people off, good luck happy
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
3 26 Nov 2011
For me it was really simple - I just stopped eating meat one day and increased the amount of all other foods and searched for meat alternatives.
*Try substituting the meat you use to eat with like Vegie sausages, vegie burgers, or mince.
Or if your good in the kitchen make your own with Tofu & lentils etc.
There are tonnes of 'mock meats' available at Coles & woolworths even.
Have you heard of the 'Quorn' brand? Or Sanitarium's 'Vegie delights'  ( i can be more specific if you like)

Its helpful to some reading up too happy
www.whyveg.com
www.quorn.com.au
www.sanitarium.com.au (click on the 'Vegetarian' tab to view those products)
ReplyQuote

Spacepeanut Spacepeanut QLD Posts: 120
4 27 Nov 2011
Sanitarium 'Not' burgers taste like chicken. They're delicious, and both myself and my kiddies love them. Then there's these guys: http://www.australianeatwell.com.au/
Their coconut, chickpea and lemongrass tofu cuisine is lush (and tastes even better slapped between some bread), and their vege burgers are really yummy too.
kitty
ReplyQuote

Shelley_Louise Shelley_Louise NSW Posts: 22
5 27 Nov 2011
Watch earthlings and read eating animals by johnathan safran foer
There are so many great books and documentaries out there, but those for me are really effective.
Also you should try fry's ( you can only buy this brand from franklins & Coles) vegetarian style nuggets, they're also vegan friendly!
They're an addictive snack!
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
6 27 Nov 2011
Above advice is great. If your having a lot of trouble with it, keep eating the meats your eating now, but start adding more and more vego meals into your diet
ReplyQuote

Lotus Eater Lotus Eater QLD Posts: 60
7 27 Nov 2011
Get a steak (the fattier the better) and overcook it - so it's all horrible and dried out. Cut off all the fat and eat the steak; then force yourself to eat all the fat; be sure to over-eat!

I can assure you that your memories of meat won't be too fond.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
8 28 Nov 2011
Lotus Eater said:
Get a steak (the fattier the better) and overcook it - so it's all horrible and dried out. Cut off all the fat and eat the steak; then force yourself to eat all the fat; be sure to over-eat!

I can assure you that your memories of meat won't be too fond.
Haha actually kfc would have been a big craving for me, had I not had a bad, last memory of it
ReplyQuote

VeganEra VeganEra QLD Posts: 202
9 28 Nov 2011
Hey Caitlin, good on you for giving it a try. It will happen for you, I guarantee it! You just feel so amazing when you stop consuming animals, your soul feels so beautiful and light.

If you need any help here is a guide that might be able to help, it is all free and have lots of information from cook books to nutritional information. Help yourself, and we are sure that it will be no time that you will be a happy little veggie...YAY!!!
ReplyQuote

LittleGlider LittleGlider SA Posts: 24
10 28 Nov 2011
I started my change from omni to veggie initially because of wanting to cut out fatty meats and wanting to eat more healthily.
I didn't watch any animal abuse videos or force-feed myself badly cooked steak (lol - interesting psychological experiement). Instead, I had just arrived at the decision that I wanted to respect and love myself enough to do the best thing for my body and, in doing so, respect my views about animal cruelty and treading gently on this planet.
I was really encouraged early on by going to a cooking demonstration given by a vegetarian mum and her family.
If you enjoy cooking, work with the vegetarian ingredients that you love and whip up a few staple meals around which you can bring in more veggie oriented foods that you aren't that familiar with.
If cooking isn't your thing, suss out local vegan/veggie eateries and take a friend out with you on a research mission happy
Learn, learn, learn about what nutrients you will be needing along the way and also have a standard responce ready for onmis who question you about your diet change (and they will). And have fun! Good luck
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au