Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

My friend and I are planning to protest against them building a KFC in our area.

Suggestions?Tips?

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Infinite-Sadness Infinite-Sadness United Kingdom Posts: 23
1 2 Dec 2011
Helpful suggestions would be much appreciated! peace
ReplyQuote

PurpleFae PurpleFae NSW Posts: 283
2 2 Dec 2011
- Check if you're suppose to have a permit or the cops might move you on
- Have decent signs and fliers. No typos! Nothing that looks dodgy!
- Be kind and gentle with any members of the public you encounter. They won't listen at all if you're being angry. Plus, if anyone from KFC staff looks angry and you're still nice, that's a point for your team.
ReplyQuote

xAshlee xAshlee TAS Posts: 722
3 2 Dec 2011
such a good idea but you'll prob need to gather the activists in your area! and maybe speak to council about what else could be built there. ...obviously they might be so far along in the plans you might well lose but its def worth getting your thoughts out there. You might want to get a petition going - and a facebook group etc
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
4 2 Dec 2011
Sounds great! Good work!
ReplyQuote

Lotus Eater Lotus Eater QLD Posts: 60
5 2 Dec 2011
Sorry for being pessimistic, but what can you do about it? KFC is not illegal, unfortunately.
ReplyQuote

Deespark Deespark QLD Posts: 328
6 2 Dec 2011
I agree with lotus eater. I really think you'd have more luck protesting for something else to do with the meat industry. People love their kfc, and you woildn't be likely to recieve much love from people and would probably lose. I don't mean to put a damper on your protest, I just don't think it will work, and people will eat kfc from other places, and also eat chicken from any take aways you already have in the area. Why not get lots of people to write to kfc and talk about where their meat comes from, and protest to have them use more humane meat rather then factory farmed meat? You'd be more likely to win, but of course this is just my opinion, you obviously don't have to follow it
ReplyQuote

Richard1 Richard1 NSW Posts: 7
7 2 Dec 2011
Swot up on your local planning laws, see if the restraunt can be blocked on planning grounds.
ReplyQuote

Miss. Jones Miss. Jones VIC Posts: 242
8 2 Dec 2011
I had an idea once when i was daydreaming,  not putting ideas in your head at all.  I got several groups of people together to target KFC in different areas like early morning, dressed in all black and balaclavas of course.... spray paint the cameras & cover the windows with posters of chikcken farms..... not sure customers would see it but staff might all resign when they see what they are doing to the chicks bahahahaha!!!!
ReplyQuote

Val Val NSW Posts: 339
9 2 Dec 2011
Lotus Eater said:
Sorry for being pessimistic, but what can you do about it? KFC is not illegal, unfortunately.
A suburb in Sydney I knew protested against a McDonalds being built in the area. Activists won, no maccas building til this day.
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
10 2 Dec 2011
Good idea, and good luck. I wish I'd thought of protesting. McDonald's is being built where I live right now. Hello animal cruelty and pollution.
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au