Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

vegetarian stores in melbourne

1 - 10 of 15 posts   1 | 2  

Emily Emily VIC Posts: 66
1 7 Oct 2009
I'm spending the next 2 weeks in the city and would like to try out the best vegetarian stores and stores that sell great vegetarian food. I'll probably go to LOTF tomorrow... what should I try? I've had their chips before and I didn't think they were that amazing. I know some of the vegans won't approve... but I LOOOOVE Grill'd, I went there yesterday and got their 'field of dreams' burger, the one with the giant mushroom in it. it was incredible!

So anywho, what are the best places to go for great vegetarian meal/snack?
ReplyQuote

.ellehcoR .ellehcoR VIC Posts: 663
2 7 Oct 2009
Emily said:
I'll probably go to LOTF tomorrow... what should I try? I've had their chips before and I didn't think they were that amazing.
I highly highly highly recommend the nuggets!

If you want to stay within the inner city bit, along swanson street there are two vegetarian restaurants that sell the yummiest hare krishna food: Gopals and Crossroads.

Also make a stop by along Flinders st to Habibs Wholefoods and pick up a bar of vegan chocolate... they have a really good range happy
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
3 7 Oct 2009
.ellehcoR said:
Emily said:
I'll probably go to LOTF tomorrow... what should I try? I've had their chips before and I didn't think they were that amazing.
I highly highly highly recommend the nuggets!

If you want to stay within the inner city bit, along swanson street there are two vegetarian restaurants that sell the yummiest hare krishna food: Gopals and Crossroads.

Also make a stop by along Flinders st to Habibs Wholefoods and pick up a bar of vegan chocolate... they have a really good range happy
YES GET THE NUGGETS. ha. They really are that good.

Try Radical Grocery, you can get there by catching the 19 tram from Flinders. Everything they sell is vegan, and they have hard to find things like vegan meringue and marshmellow mixes. As well as fudge and about 37209715993850923 different kinds of chocolate, oh and Cheezly!
ReplyQuote

soy soy NSW Posts: 100
4 7 Oct 2009
Ooh I'm taking a 3day trip with my mum to Melbourne on Saturday ecstatic so glad you asked this question! LOTF is the first thing I'm bolting to, forget the hotel and shopping.
ReplyQuote

Lancastrian Lancastrian VIC Posts: 310
5 7 Oct 2009
Remember to check the vnv website, it is a great resource for when in Melbourne.

And if 'mock meat' is your thing (yuk!), you may wish to visit "Vincent's Vegetarian Supermarket" in Footscray.
ReplyQuote

jack jack VIC Posts: 1463
6 8 Oct 2009
Roy said:
Remember to check the vnv website, it is a great resource for when in Melbourne.

And if 'mock meat' is your thing (yuk!), you may wish to visit "Vincent's Vegetarian Supermarket" in Footscray.
lolso royur not a mock meat man
me neither really
unless its REALLY good(hence LOTF)
ReplyQuote

7 8 Oct 2009
Roy said:
I've been there a few times and most of the stuff i've bought was blehhhh
but thats just my opinion....
ReplyQuote

8 8 Oct 2009
.ellehcoR said:
Roy said:
really i havent been(want 2) but people i know rave aout it
ReplyQuote

9 8 Oct 2009
jack said:
.ellehcoR said:
Roy said:
Its an Asian vegetarian foodmart, so the variety isnt massive. There are lots of vegetable wontons, etc, etc, most of it is pre-frozen
ReplyQuote

10 9 Oct 2009
.ellehcoR said:
jack said:
.ellehcoR said:
Roy said:
Its an Asian vegetarian foodmart, so the variety isnt massive. There are lots of vegetable wontons, etc, etc, most of it is pre-frozen
i want wontons happy
ReplyQuote

< Prev
 [ 1 ]  [ 2 ] 

www.unleashed.org.au