Animals Australia Unleashed
Change the World Who Cares? Videos Take Action! The Animals Community Forum Shop Blog Display
1 2 3
Your E-Mail: O Password:
Login Help     |     Join for Free!     |     Hide This

Post a Reply

Cruelty-free, low carbon footprint Christmas!

Share your energy-saving tips, good recipes for food and drinks, and gift ideas!

1 - 5 of 5 posts

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
1 7 Dec 2011
Just thought I'd reach out to you guys for some ideas. Christmas is one of my most favourite times of the year even though I'm not religious, I love the whole experience of it and catching up with family and making pretty decorations and sweets.

What are some of your favourite things to make and do in terms of food & drinks, gifts, decorations, etc?

This year my mum and I are brewing mulled wine and making Christmas crackers with cute little gifts inside.
ReplyQuote

KirstyGirl KirstyGirl TAS Posts: 754
2 8 Dec 2011
Ohh that sounds great! I'm big on Christmas too even though I'm not religious about it. But like you said, the imagery and the fun, family, gift-giving all really sucks me in! haha
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
3 8 Dec 2011
I think the most low carbon thing we're doing is making our Christmas meat-free. I'm also doing most of the cooking, but the family want me to make pavlova, I'll cook with free range eggs from my dad's friend's chooks, but there's no way I'm using cream!! So they might have to make do with a vegan apple crumble instead. (I won't be complaining! ecstatic )
ReplyQuote

Kirrilly Kirrilly VIC Posts: 2092
4 8 Dec 2011
So your whole family is having a meat-free Christmas? That's fantastic! I'd jump at the chance to do all the cooking if my family weren't so stubborn. :/
ReplyQuote

..1 ..1 TAS Posts: 2265
5 8 Dec 2011
Kirrilly said:
So your whole family is having a meat-free Christmas? That's fantastic! I'd jump at the chance to do all the cooking if my family weren't so stubborn. :/
They don't know we're having a meat-free Christmas. Everyone's just going to turn up and there just won't be any meat for them to eat. We tried to do it last year, too. But my oldest sister brought her own turkey.

If I were you, I'd make lots of vegan food anyway, but don't tell anyone it's vegan. wink
ReplyQuote

www.unleashed.org.au